Georgia Packing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Permit-less Carry

HB 110
Conservation and natural resources; persons who are eligible for a weapons carry license to lawfully carry a weapon without such license; allow
https://www.legis.ga.gov/legislation/58957

Sponsors

No.Number in list Name District
1. Clark, Heath 147th
2. Tarvin, Steve 2nd
3. Dunahoo, Emory 30th
4. Glanton, Mike 75th
5. Gullett, Joseph 19th
6. Mathis, Danny 144th

Committees
House Committee:
N/A

Senate Committee:
N/A

First Reader Summary
A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Part 1 of Article 1 of Chapter 3 of Title 12, Title 16, and Title 27 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to general provisions regarding parks, historic areas, memorials, and recreation, crimes and offenses, and game and fish, respectively, so as to allow persons who are eligible for a weapons carry license to lawfully carry a weapon without such license; to revise definitions; to provide for a class of persons who are eligible for a weapons carry license; to revise the offense of carrying a weapon without a license and provide for the offense of carrying a weapon without eligibility to carry a weapon; to revise provisions related to carrying weapons to account for the class of persons who are eligible for a weapons carry license; to provide that a weapons carry license shall serve as an administrative confirmation of a person's right to carry a weapon; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

Status History
Date Status
01/26/2021 House Hopper

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Sounds like unlicensed carry in parks, historic sites, and recreational areas.

Any idea if it would extend to national forests?

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,754 Posts
National forest carry is already legal. It was legalized when national park carry was legalized. They go by state law.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,695 Posts
Seems like a great vehicle for an omnibus bill. Perhaps those who choose to be licensed will be able to legally carry in a lot more places.

Reactions: TimBob

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,018 Posts
I'm not normally a supporter of unlicensed carry out in public,

but these are not normal times!

Due to COVID-19 safety precautions Probate Courts are experiencing long delays; people who do not already have a GWL are being denied the chance to even submit an application for one one for weeks or even months, until they can make their appointment.

A right delayed is a right denied!
(at least for the period of the delay)

I say this is unacceptable. Until Covid is dealt with and the Probate Courts across GA can quickly issue licenses, we need to eliminate the GWL permit requirement.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Are there any key differences between this bill and HB2?

·
Professional Troll
2,117 Posts

·
Registered
8,338 Posts
Please keep this thread to the discussion of HB 110 and take the political commentary to an off topic sub forum.

·
68,174 Posts
A friend sent me this!! please use chrome to open it as I had trouble with both Firefox and explorer.
NOBODY CLICK ON THAT unless Mafuta54 comes back and confirms he actually posted that

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Try this "PDF" file.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I actually did post the link as well as a "PDF" file of the bill so you don't have to use the other link!!

·
Man of Myth and Legend
13,739 Posts
So how do we know you are not some government informant wanting us to download a bug to infect our computers so they can track us like they are doing with that Proud Boy group. Are you an informant or spy or just plain democrat?

Nemo :hide:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,018 Posts
So today, I wrote to both my House and Senate representatives in the Ga. General Assembly and asked them to support HB 110 or any corresponding Senate bill, because although I don't generally object to making people who are GWL eligible actually GET said license. these are not normal times and circumstances. COVID-19 has caused huge and unacceptable delays in new applicants getting a GWL.

Reactions: ICP_Juggalo
1 - 19 of 19 Posts