Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Notifications of current 2017 GUN BILL hearings in the House or Senate

Subscribe to this thread if you want to receive notifications of Committee Hearings on Gun Bills this legislative session.

Only Notifications Here - No off topic discussions. For Notification Purposes Only

Mods, if you don't want this here then move.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Aaron Gould Sheinin 1:21 PM - 15 Feb 2017
‏@asheinin

There's suddenly a GA House subcommittee meeting at 2 p.m. with EIGHT gun bills on the agenda, including campus carry. #gapol #transparency

Katie Foody Verified account ‏@katiefoody 7 minutes ago

Rep. Heath Clark, chair of the subcommittee planning to hear 8 gun bills including campus carry, says no votes today. Hearings only. #gapol

ETA: House Calendar: http://calendar.legis.ga.gov/Calendar/?chamber=house

Agenda: http://www.house.ga.gov/Documents/Agendas/Public Safety/021517PSHS Sub-2A.pdf

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
The new Sub-committee is called 2A. :)

·
hu huh, you said "Member"
585 Posts
hear ye.

Begone archaic and emotionally-biased non-sensical rubbish that clouds so much latter-day "wisdom", and banish thee who wish to continue to uphold current mandate that I be charged a felon to defend my God-given gift of life by way of firearm, DAILY, at my decreed place of business, and pass campus carry I say!

And. Pass a ton of other stuff. Crush the foolish and let's get on with the Constitution, shall we?

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hearing Today

There will be a meeting of SUBCOMMITTEE 2A of the Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee on Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 3:30 p.m. in Room 415 CLOB.

Please mark your calendars accordingly.

AGENDA (Subject to change at the discretion of the Chairman)

HB 10: Dangerous instrumentalities and practices; certain assault weapons; prohibit possession; provide for crimes; provide penalties by Rep. Oliver, 82nd

HB 280: Firearms; license holders, carrying and possession of certain weapons in certain buildings or real property owned or leased to public institutions of postsecondary education by Rep. Ballinger of the 23rd

HB 286: Firearms; persons eligible for weapons carry license to lawfully carry weapon without license; allow by Rep. Clark of the 147th

HB 292: Firearms; laws relating to the carrying of weapons and safety; revise and clarify by Rep. Jasperse of the 11th

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,694 Posts
I emailed the full committee on Public Safety and Homeland security. I got a reply from one of the members:

I am not on the subcommittee. There is a pushback and I am not sure why. Trying to understand what is going on.

·
5,694 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Well, isn't this interesting. I took a quick look at the committee members (personnel IS policy) and it looks like they are all 2A supporters. I haven't had time to dig into their individual voting records or scorecards, but their campaign sites all show them saying the right things. Also, the name of the subcommittee is a bit of a clue. I suspect this is a way to make sure all 2A issues get to a focused subcommittee that will either kill or pass bills as appropriate. This also limits subcommittee political maneuvering, stalling, calling someone's mom, and generally abusing the process for political gain. If we get nothing else this session, the mere formation of this subcommittee appears to be a big win. I believe this is the beginning of some good things this session.

Again, pure speculation from the sidelines. I just pay my dues and write or call as necessary. I have nothing to do with GCO policymaking or lobbying.

·
5,694 Posts
I got a reply back, it is HB 280 getting pushback. The rep is trying to find out from Chairman Powell what the objections are.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I got a reply back, it is HB 280 getting pushback. The rep is trying to find out from Chairman Powell what the objections are.
Regardless of what stupid reason they claim, the real objection is that it allows law abiding citizens to carry in more locations.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hearing #1 on Monday

http://www.house.ga.gov/Documents/Agendas/Public Safety/022017PSHS Sub-2A.pdf

February 17, 2017

Subcommittee-2A Meeting Notice
Public Safety & Homeland Security Committee

TO: Members of Subcommittee 2A:
Rep. Heath Clark, Chairman Rep. Mack Jackson
Rep. Eddie Lumsden Rep. Rick Jasperse
Rep. Micah Gravley Rep. Alan Powell
Rep. Darlene Taylor

There will be a meeting of SUBCOMMITTEE 2A of the Public Safety & Homeland Security
Committee on Monday, February 20, 2017 at 11:00 a.m. in Room 406 CLOB.
Please mark your calendars accordingly.

AGENDA (Subject to change at the discretion of the Chairman)

 HB 232: Weapons; certain persons making application for a carry or renewal
license; provide for training requirement by Rep. Marin of the 96th
 HB 406: Weapons; reciprocity of recognizing and giving effect to licenses to carry
from other states; revise requirements by Rep. Powell of the 32nd

cc: Speaker's Office
Clerk's Office
Legislative Counsel
Policy Analyst

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hearing #2 on Monday

http://www.house.ga.gov/Documents/Agendas/Public Safety/022017publicsafety.pdf

MEMORANDUM

To: HOUSE PUBLIC SAFETY AND HOMELAND SECURITY

Rep. Eddie Lumsden, Vice Chairman Rep. Bill Hitchens
Rep. Heath Clark, Secretary Rep. Scott Holcomb
Rep. J Collins Rep. Mack Jackson
Rep. Kevin Cooke Rep. Rick Jasperse
Rep. Gloria Frazier Rep. Jesse Petrea
Rep. Mike Glanton Rep. Darlene Taylor
Rep. Micah Gravley Rep. Keisha Waites
Rep. Gerald E. Greene Rep. Bill Werkheiser

Date: Friday, February 17, 2017

Re: Public Safety and Homeland Security Committee Meeting

The Public Safety & Homeland Security Committees will meet Monday, February 20, 2017 in
Room 606 of the CLOB at 1:00 pm.

Agenda: (Subject to change at the call of the Chairman)

 HB 251: Emergency management; personnel go on private property as necessary to
perform duties during a state of emergency; authorize by Ealum of the 153rd

 HB 280: Firearms; license holders, carrying and possession of certain weapons in
certain buildings or real property owned or leased to public institutions of
postsecondary education by Rep. Ballinger of the 23rd

 HB 292: Firearms; laws relating to the carrying of weapons and safety; revise and
clarify by Rep. Jasperse of the 11th

 HB 350: Penal institutions; tobacco; add to list of items that a person is prohibited from
bringing within guard lines by Rep. Powell of the 32nd
 HB 405: Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency; establish statewide
system to facilitate the transport and distribution of essentials in commerce during a
state of emergency; require by Rep. Hitchens of the 161
st

Clerk's Office
Legislative Counsel
Policy Analyst

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I'll keep an eye on this one.

·
69,784 Posts
PLENTY of notice on this one! You can bet the Moms will pack it out. We need to match and/or surpass their numbers. I was at the capitol today and was told we were losing the PR battle on campus carry. I will be at the wildhog supper monday evening but will not be able to be at this hearing. Plenty of notice people!!!. Pack the room!!!
That was four days ago.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
This is the one for Monday, Feb 27th, Room 606 of the CLOB @1:00pm Public Safety and Homeland Security

http://www.house.ga.gov/Documents/Agendas/Public Safety/022717publicsafety.pdf

http://calendar.legis.ga.gov/Calendar/?chamber=house

To: HOUSE PUBLIC SAFETY AND HOMELAND SECURITY

Rep. Eddie Lumsden, Vice Chairman Rep. Bill Hitchens
Rep. Heath Clark, Secretary Rep. Scott Holcomb
Rep. J Collins Rep. Mack Jackson
Rep. Kevin Cooke Rep. Rick Jasperse
Rep. Gloria Frazier Rep. Jesse Petrea
Rep. Mike Glanton Rep. Darlene Taylor
Rep. Micah Gravley Rep. Keisha Waites
Rep. Gerald E. Greene Rep. Bill Werkheiser

Re: PS&HS Committee Meeting - FULL AGENDA/ PLEASE BE ON TIME
The Public Safety & Homeland Security Committees will meet Monday, February 27, 2017 in
Room 606 of the CLOB at 1:00 pm.

Agenda: (Subject to change at the call of the Chairman)

 HB 79: Law enforcement; retaining license plate data obtained from automated license
plate recognition systems beyond certain periods; prohibit by Rep. Pezold of the 133rd

 HB 251: Emergency management; personnel go on private property as necessary to
perform duties during a state of emergency; authorize by Rep. Ealum of the 153rd

HB 280: Firearms; license holders, carrying and possession of certain weapons in certain buildings
or real property owned or leased to public institutions of postsecondary education by Rep. Ballinger
of the 23rd

HB 292: Firearms; laws relating to the carrying of weapons and safety; revise and clarify
by Rep. Jasperse of the 11th

 HB 320: Motor vehicles; installation or reinstallation of object in lieu of air bag; change provisions
by Rep. Hitchens of the 161st

 HB 324: Motor vehicles; term noncitizen be included on certain licenses, permits, and
identification cards; require by Rep. Powell of the 32nd

 HB 350: Penal institutions; tobacco; add to list of items that a person is prohibited from bringing
within guard lines by Rep. Powell of the 32nd.

 HB 390: Motor vehicles; assessment of no points and maximum fine for failure to obey traffic
control device in certain instances; provide by Rep. Setzler of the 35th

HB 406: Weapons; reciprocity of recognizing and giving effect to licenses to carry from other
states; revise requirements by Rep. Powell of the 32
nd

Clerk's Office
Legislative Counsel
Policy Analyst

1 - 20 of 33 Posts