Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greg Steube Fires Up Open Carry Bill for 2017 Session

December 12, 2016 â€" 11:30am
A proposal to allow Florida’s concealed weapons permit holders to carry their firearms openly and eliminate some “gun-free zones†will make another appearance during the 2017 legislative session.
The legislation, SB 140, is sponsored by Sen. Greg Steube, R-Sarasota, who introduced the measure last year when he was a state representative.

If passed, the bill would allow Florida’s 1.7 million concealed carry permit holders to openly carry their firearms. The more sweeping part of the measure, however, would eliminate gun-free zones in places like secondary schools, local centers and government meeting areas.

The bill would not allow CCW permit holders to carry their firearms on college campuses and restrictions would still exist on carrying guns to restaurants and bars. Any permit holder in violation of the restrictions in the bill would face a misdemeanor charge.
More at the link: https://www.thegunwriter.com/21764/senator-steube-files-omnibus-pro-gun-bill-open-carry-and-more/

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,409 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
So you could carry in high schools but not in college? Any idea on what the reasoning is? My guess is that the reporter can't read, and the bill says nothing of the sort.

·
Registered
14,962 Posts
I wish them well. It certainly would make my life easier when I go back to visit my son. But they have their work cut out for them, especially with the Florida Sheriffs Association. I've mentioned this before in other threads.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/opinion/commentary/fl-rnoped-open-carry-20161212-story.html

Likewise, the first vice president of the Dallas Police Association, Austin Police Chief Art Acevado, and a host of other Texas officials opposed open carry. Here in Florida, we hear the same rhetoric from the Florida Sheriffs Association and in particular Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri who, like his predecessor Jim Coats, threatened to shoot those seen openly carrying firearms.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts
No excuses this time, baby!

Both the Senate President and Senate Judiciary Chair are pro-open carry.

It's put up or shut up time! I bet a few "pro-gun rights legislators" in Florida are squirming right now. :lol:

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,419 Posts
Annnnnd, spike the football, or would that be intentional grounding?

I just got off the phone with Senator Greg Steube’s office. Tomorrow is the Judiciary Committee meeting. The open carry bill, SB 140, is not on the agenda. The Senator’s legislative assistant Alex Blair stated that the good Senator will not place it on the agenda for this meeting or any future meeting until such time there is a “better political climate.â€
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/daniel-zimmerman/breaking-florida-open-carry-dead/

Typical timid Republicans.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
14,962 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts

Florida Carry, Inc.
33 mins ·
This is the first factual article about what is really going on with the omnibus Courthouse Carry, Airport Carry, Open Carry, and Campus Carry Bill.
There is one, perhaps two, republican Senate Judiciary Committee members that have not yet committed to support all portions of the original bill. But the legislative session doesn't even start until March and committee hearings on the earliest filed bills are just getting underway.
Reporting that anyone is firmly for or against a bill, based on a phone call with an aide or secretary, is irresponsible. Thinking that legislators never change their minds about how to vote on a bill as the legislative process moves forward is nothing short of idiotic. Reporting that there are four republicans on the committee that are against the bill is blatantly FALSE.
We don't know what TTAG's "correspondent" thinks that lobbying and gun owner political engagement are for if it's all a foregone conclusion. But they need to get their facts straight.
http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...nator-plans-break-up-major-gun-bill/97014078/

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I knew that TTAG article was a load of steaming crap!!! They are the NAGR of the gun rights blogging websites. F*** off TTAG

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,937 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Farago and his crew run a really tight ship over there.
I submitted a story to him once. He rewrote what I had written but didn't acknowledge that he did. It wasn't anything that really mattered to the story so I let it pass, but I latter learned that he was known for that.

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I submitted a story to him once. He rewrote what I had written but didn't acknowledge that he did. It wasn't anything that really mattered to the story so I let it pass, but I latter learned that he was known for that.
His website was built on plagiarism from the begining. None of it was every any of his own work.

I read the 2A/Gun blogs he has stolen from without citing for years.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts