Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a "2012" bumpersticker on the back of some Toyota today with the Obama 'tongue/sunset" logo as the "0"... It begins again.... :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
spector said:
If the R's field Romney, Huckabee, or Palin, get ready for four more years of zero.
I'll definitely agree with you on Palin. The media would never allow that. The other two may have a chance if our current financial situation hasn't changed, and I don't see that happening.

Personally, I would rather see someone besides any of those three.
 

·
Dei Gratia
Joined
·
2,907 Posts
well...Herman Cain is looking at running.

:runaway:

Yeah, I know, he may not have much chance either.
 

·
Member Georgia Carry
Joined
·
11,727 Posts
Yote said:
spector said:
If the R's field Romney, Huckabee, or Palin, get ready for four more years of zero.
I'll definitely agree with you on Palin. The media would never allow that. The other two may have a chance if our current financial situation hasn't changed, and I don't see that happening.

Personally, I would rather see someone besides any of those three.
Let me predict right now before 2012, Palin will be more of a force than some give her credit for. Neither Huckabee, Romney, Pawlenty, or Jindal has anywhere near the personality and star factor that Palin does.

I'm going to enjoy saying, "I told you so". :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Phil1979 said:
Yote said:
spector said:
If the R's field Romney, Huckabee, or Palin, get ready for four more years of zero.
I'll definitely agree with you on Palin. The media would never allow that. The other two may have a chance if our current financial situation hasn't changed, and I don't see that happening.

Personally, I would rather see someone besides any of those three.
Let me predict right now before 2012, Palin will be more of a force than some give her credit for. Neither Huckabee, Romney, Pawlenty, or Jindal has anywhere near the personality and star factor that Palin does.

I'm going to enjoy saying, "I told you so". :)
And I'll be the first in line for you to tell me too!

Honestly though, the liberal media will make a pact with the devil to run her name in the ground much like they did in 2008. Once McCain announced her as his running mate, the attention went from him being the presidential candidate to her being one heart attack away from being president. From then on, it was a smear campaign against her while the media carefully kept Obama's past under wraps.
 

·
Member Georgia Carry
Joined
·
11,727 Posts
Yote said:
Phil1979 said:
Yote said:
spector said:
If the R's field Romney, Huckabee, or Palin, get ready for four more years of zero.
I'll definitely agree with you on Palin. The media would never allow that. The other two may have a chance if our current financial situation hasn't changed, and I don't see that happening.

Personally, I would rather see someone besides any of those three.
Let me predict right now before 2012, Palin will be more of a force than some give her credit for. Neither Huckabee, Romney, Pawlenty, or Jindal has anywhere near the personality and star factor that Palin does.

I'm going to enjoy saying, "I told you so". :)
And I'll be the first in line for you to tell me too!

Honestly though, the liberal media will make a pact with the devil to run her name in the ground much like they did in 2008. Once McCain announced her as his running mate, the attention went from him being the presidential candidate to her being one heart attack away from being president. From then on, it was a smear campaign against her while the media carefully kept Obama's past under wraps.
Quite right. However, it won't be so easy this next go round. Palin has strengthened herself in her ability to talk about the issues, and those who love her will be even more fired up when she is attacked again by the lib media. And any new attacks will seem to many to be old news and gratuitous. As a result, she'll have the potential to convert many who are on the fence about her, and maybe even some who are anti-Palin now. Particularly women, who will finally tire of seeing a woman get beat up by the media clowns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,568 Posts
Ken1961 said:
well...Herman Cain is looking at running.

:runaway:

Yeah, I know, he may not have much chance either.
Maybe not, but unless some serious skeletons in his closet come out, my vote is already set :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
Palin's chances depend on the strength of the Tea Party in 2012 and how well she can mobilize supporters from there. Personally I'm doubtful she would succeed. She is hated by the old guard republicans just as much as she is by the liberals. If we have a viable Tea Party presidential candidate other than Palin he or she will still have to drag the republican party along kicking and screaming.

As far as the disinformation department of the KGB aka. "The Press" goes I think a lot of people have figured out that they are full of crap. Yes there are still millions of gullible idiots out there but a large percentage of them are to busy watching American Idol to go vote.

Here's what will win the next presidential election. Organization. He who has the mostest the soonest will likely win. With that in mind please give serious thought to actually going out and getting involved with candidate of your choice. Encourage others to do likewise. If you've been a GCO member for a while you should know full well how much getting active and involved in the political process works to our favor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
CoolHand said:
Here's what will win the next presidential election. Organization. He who has the mostest the soonest will likely win. With that in mind please give serious thought to actually going out and getting involved with candidate of your choice. Encourage others to do likewise. If you've been a GCO member for a while you should know full well how much getting active and involved in the political process works to our favor.
Well said........... :righton:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,849 Posts
I'm sure Palin can get the republican nomination, I'm saying that if one of those three gets the republican nomination, Obama will win the presidency. The republicans idiotically chose mccain in '08 -- I'm sure they'll make a similar choice in '2012.

And what's the big deal with Palin? She's hardly small government or pro-liberty. How she got support of the tea party beats me. She supports bolstering Israel (entangling alliances, hmm...), continued involvement in the middle east, afghanistan and other countries, and I haven't heard one thing about actually reducing size of government other than vague statements like "it should be reduced." No specifics, no plans, and no principles.

We need a Ron/Rand Paul or a Gary Johnson. Many dems that tend towards freedom would vote for a true libertarian (even if running as a republican) if they would actually stop the wars and reduce some of this big brother/police stat crap. The percentage of people I know personally that voted for Ron Paul in the '08 primaries but then voted for O in the presidential race when the Republicans chose McCain is staggering. I'm still not sure how McCain won. I haven't met single person who voted for him in the primaries :foilhat:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
commodore_dude said:
Ken1961 said:
well...Herman Cain is looking at running.

:runaway:

Yeah, I know, he may not have much chance either.
Maybe not, but unless some serious skeletons in his closet come out, my vote is already set :righton:
His may very well be the first ever political campaign I volunteer for.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
spector said:
I'm sure Palin can get the republican nomination, I'm saying that if one of those three gets the republican nomination, Obama will win the presidency. The republicans idiotically chose mccain in '08 -- I'm sure they'll make a similar choice in '2012.
The fix was in for Mccain at the upper level of the republican party that controls the party and big donors purse strings. My Dad remarked about this when he attended the state party convention that year. He said a majority of delegates were not Mccain fans at all. The party powers that be went around and pretty much told the discontented to get behind Mccain or else suffer the consequences.

spector said:
And what's the big deal with Palin? She's hardly small government or pro-liberty. How she got support of the tea party beats me. She supports bolstering Israel (entangling alliances, hmm...), continued involvement in the middle east, afghanistan and other countries, and I haven't heard one thing about actually reducing size of government other than vague statements like "it should be reduced." No specifics, no plans, and no principles.
Why they like Palin. Because she's the underdog that the establishment picks on fairly and unfairly. Everybody loves a plucky underdog. That and she seems a lot more like an average American that people can relate to much more so than any of the establishment career multimillionaire politicians.

spector said:
We need a Ron/Rand Paul or a Gary Johnson. Many dems that tend towards freedom would vote for a true libertarian (even if running as a republican) if they would actually stop the wars and reduce some of this big brother/police stat crap. The percentage of people I know personally that voted for Ron Paul in the '08 primaries but then voted for O in the presidential race when the Republicans chose McCain is staggering. I'm still not sure how McCain won. I haven't met single person who voted for him in the primaries :foilhat:
Amen. Preach it. =D>
 

·
Dei Gratia
Joined
·
2,907 Posts
eagle98 said:
commodore_dude said:
Ken1961 said:
well...Herman Cain is looking at running.

:runaway:

Yeah, I know, he may not have much chance either.
Maybe not, but unless some serious skeletons in his closet come out, my vote is already set :righton:
His may very well be the first ever political campaign I volunteer for.
The wife and I as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,679 Posts
spector said:
Many dems that tend towards freedom would vote for a true libertarian (even if running as a republican) if they would actually stop the wars and reduce some of this big brother/police stat crap.
+Eleventy Billion...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
I would vote for Herman Cain or Newt Gingrich if they ran. Anyone else and it would just be a vote against the Dems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
865 Posts
Match10 said:
I saw a "2012" bumpersticker on the back of some Toyota today with the Obama 'tongue/sunset" logo as the "0"... It begins again.... :?
That supposed to be in support of him or a warning against the apocalypse?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
Hack Causality said:
Match10 said:
I saw a "2012" bumpersticker on the back of some Toyota today with the Obama 'tongue/sunset" logo as the "0"... It begins again.... :?
That supposed to be in support of him or a warning against the apocalypse?
D. All of the above
 
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Top