2007 trucks & diesel fuel

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by wa4phy, Jul 5, 2006.

1. wa4phy

wa4phy Guest

Found out a few days ago, most of our C-stores here that sell diesel fuel have posted labels on the fuel pumps that indicate you can not use that fuel in 2007 and later vehicles. It's labeled "low sulfur" at 500 ppm. So someone tell me, are the auto makers aware of this fact, and if so, where is a person supposed to buy this ultra-low sulphur fuel? By reducing the sulfur content, that also lowers the combustion power, thereby making it less efficient. Guess what.. it takes more refining to reduce the sulfur, so it's gonna cost more. Big oil screws us again -- and again -- and again -- time for the KY yet?

Maybe it's time for the trucking industry to put the squeeze on the oil companies by shutting this country down. It'd only take about 2 or 3 days to do so. Something's gotta give somewhere.

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Actually it is the government's fault, individual states and federal. Big oil just passes the extra cost to consumers just like any other company does.

I bet if a credit card receipt for gas showed the same breakdown as a phone bill does, like how much is actually gas and how much is federal tax or extra refinement cost, people would stop blaming big oil as much and go after their elected reps.

Anytime the government makes an industry do something that costs the individual companies extra money, they pass that right along to customers.

Basically it is an environmental tax on gas.

3. artz

artz New Member

yeah, I heard about this when I was still out in Cali last year. Designed for low emmissions for the '07 models which will get "smogged" (believe it or not...) in places like Cali.
    Owning a diesel just doesn't pay off any longer.... :(

4. artz

artz New Member

its getting to the point where its best for me just to find a great old pick-up thats been reworked and manufactured between 1966 and 1972. It may get 10 MPG, but hey....its a good looking classic, I can work on it, and most importantly... its paid for.