2005 Supreme Court Decision

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by rainmaker, Jan 16, 2011.

1. rainmaker

rainmaker New Member

There was a decision in 2005 by the Supreme Court ruling (at least in part) that the government is not required to protect any specific citizen, that providing us with protection is at the discretion of the police / government. That may not be exactly it, but I think it is close.

Anyway, does anyone know the specific case name or number, or even better, a link that will take me to a page where I can read the entire ruling?

IMHO, this is one of the most profound supreme court rulings ever made, and it received a suprisingly small amount of press coverage. There are a few people I would like to "educate" concerning why I feel the need to keep firearms and why I have no faith in calling 911, especially in times of national emergency. I think the ruling could be a great teaching tool.

2. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

Is this what you are looking for?
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1976377/posts

3. smn

smn Active Member

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

This case ought to have wide publicity. If it did, we might see a lot more jury nullifications in cases where people are charged with violating malum prohibitum weapons laws. If the government basically says "you're on your own", that should mean we are free to protect ourselves wherever we go, period.

5. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Well said!