200,000 Dead!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Email Subject Line: 200,000 Dead from Guns: Congress Has Still Done Nothing

Still Marching Strong Seven Years Later while Congress Fails to Act
    Remembering Mother's Day and the Million Mom March Chapters
    Dear Ed,

Seven years have passed since hundreds of thousands of us gathered on the National Mall in Washington D.C. — and in local communities — to demand that something be done about gun violence.

What has happened since we marched in 2000? More than 200,000 people have died from guns and another 450,000 have been seriously injured.

And yet, Congress has done nothing to address the daily toll of gun deaths and injuries in America.

Even as our nation is still reeling about the deaths of 32 students and teachers at Virginia Tech, our leaders are silent. They are hoping we forget. Move on. Don't demand action.

But we don't forget: we continue to ask the President, Congress, our local leaders, and our neighbors: "What are YOU going to do about gun violence?"

One thing you can do about gun violence is to get involved locally. What started as one of the largest marches on Washington is now a national network of Million Mom March Chapters around the U.S. that work locally, yet stand together, in the fight against gun violence. Click here contact your local Chapter. You can also look up the events from coast to coast that Chapters are participating in this weekend.

Also this week, you can pick up a copy of the latest Ladies' Home Journal magazine (with Dr. Phil on the cover). The issue features a strong and in-depth look at the illegal gun trafficking problem in America, featuring the story of a North Carolina mother who lost her husband to someone who shouldn't have had a gun.

And we promise to keep working with our Congressional allies to move strong gun laws forward. Whether it is strengthening the Brady background check system, keeping guns out of terrorists hands, or cracking down on corrupt gun dealers, we are aggressively fighting to make our communities safer.

Jim and I wish you a Happy Mother's Day — and thank all of you who continue to fight this fight, through your Million Mom March Chapter, your e-activism, or your donations. Working together, we can prevent gun violence in America.

Sincerely,

Sarah Brady, Chair

2. tony218

tony218 New Member

i see how it is, our "leader" is on a first name basis
    with the brady bunch.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I did something locally about gun violence Sat afternoon..........

I bought an AK to fend off any violence that should approach my house !!!!

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:rotfl:

5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Yep, if the Brady Bunch only knew......... :lol: :twisted:

6. Watch_Their_Hands

Watch_Their_Hands New Member

Interesting how they want to do something about gun violence, as if the guns run away from home, become distraught, hungry, then begin robbing and shooting people, and yet nothing about those that actually commit the violence. :lol:

I also find it interesting how our leader is well known by the Brady Bunch...hmmm.... :wink:

7. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

It doesn't hurt for us to have our spy amongst them...... :twisted:

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I lol'd.....then I lol'd some more.

9. Taler

Taler New Member

Do they serve kool-aid in the meetings, MP?

10. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

I have several of these guns...just sitting here...not being violent. Are they defective? Now she's got me all worried that they will turn on me. :lol:

Where did she get her numbers from? Boo-Whoo.
    I wonder if this is an out of touch soccer mom or one of those hairy, all naturale ones?

Ah, well...back to the range for more practice.