2 shot to death in Kennesaw

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by Priest, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Priest

Priest New Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/cobb-man-c ... 81234.html

One of our Forum members was the 911 caller, and he was also the one that found the woman. I will let him explain in any detail he chooses from here. But this is a reminder of how close to home it can get. You hear shots in the night and find a victim in your own yard, the cops that you called find you with a weapon near a dead body, you are going to have a long night.

2. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Can you tell us what main intersection this is near?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. At least it doesn't appear to be a random act. Too bad for your friend that he was troubled.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Why did Cobb police respond to a shooting in Kennesaw?
    And .... isn't Bexley Place around Delk and Cobb Parkway?

4. Priest

Priest New Member

This is near 41 and Barrett, and this is Cobb county's area they respond to.

5. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

Kennesaw zip codes cover a rather large area, far beyond the Kennesaw City Limits.

6. dunkel

dunkel New Member

Maybe I'm biased, but when I saw the names, the first thing I thought was "honor killing". Of course, anyone with any kind of name can be the victim of regular ol' crime, too, I suppose.

7. radio-medic

radio-medic Member

i am the caller that Priest is referring to and am the one that discovered the females body dead in my driveway. for the person that asked about the location its Barrett and 41 zipcode is 30144. ill fill everyone later its too much for me to type right now but all of us are fine

8. OverTork

OverTork New Member

Good luck man. Emotionally, legally, and in every other applicable way. Good luck.

9. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

Imagine something incorrect in the article...

10. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad to hear that everyone is fine right now.

11. The Math Teacher

The Math Teacher New Member

I'm glad your ok.

12. Z33

Z33 New Member

Man radio you always seem to have the worst luck brother! Robbed at gun point a few months ago and now finding dead bodies in your drive way...

Good luck with the situation and let us know if you need anything?

13. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

ehhh that would be weird... Walk outside to find a bodie in your drive way.... I can say I'd call 911 but I'd think my wife would be telling me to pack my bags we're heading to beverly hills. Rado good luck man, glad ur all safe and sound. I'm really sorry about the issues that come from an armed man standing over a victims body that you obviously didnt shoot :p Thats just bad timing I guess :p

and I agree above.. The body was in your driveway... the story states "inside the residence".. I tell ya when will people in this world start getting SIMPLE facts straight...

14. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Here's another...http://wsbradio.com/localnews/2010/12/e ... _cntnt_rss
    I think a lot of these errors are cross sharing information and not proof reading for content. This was part of a cost reduction effort reported eariler this year by Cox.

I am now trying to wean myself off linking stories from Cox news outlets(Sometimes sadly this isn't possible). A lot of smaller community news sites are really gaining support as local advertisers are seeing a great bang for buck there. The information is better and the bias is minimal, if at all present. I ask that others seek to link to the local news sites whenever possible.

Edit: Here is the Georgia Newspaper Partnership : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=46172&hilit=cox

15. mountainpass

Channel 2 just reported the suspect is a US Border Patrol Agent and he shot more than 30 shots.

16. Priest

Priest New Member

Bah! Keep Radio-Medic in your thoughts here.... He is having to deal with CCPD bureaucracy over resolving his part and rights. He may be having to invoke his HammerTime rights.

17. grumpy

grumpy New Member

Not Border Patrol specifically... Customs at Hartsfield.

18. mountainpass

I had to pause the tape to take a call.

US Customs and Border Protection at Hartsfield.

19. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

Radio - hang in there brother. The situation was placed before you - be strong and see it out.

20. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

:x