2 Questions From a Newbie

Discussion in 'General GWL Questions' started by Guest, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey guys,

What a great site. I am a realative newbie. Been around guns all my life. Have been researching and reading a lot and purchased my first semi-auto a couple of weeks ago.

I have 2 questions...

1) I live in Woodstock, GA (within city limits) and found this local law

Sec. 58-32. Discharging firearms.
    No person shall shoot or fire any firearms such as pistols or shotguns, except law enforcement officers in the execution of their duty and/or persons participating in special events held in accordance with a valid city permit. No firearms shall be pointed toward any person while such firearms are either loaded or unloaded. No loaded firearms shall be carried on the streets, except in the case of law enforcement officers

Does that last part mean that I can't carry in the city limits of woodstock?

2) Does any county that you know of offer a CCW class? I asked a Cherokee County Sheriff Deputy, and he did not think so for Cherokee.

Where can I go for that?

Thanks Guys.

2. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

Answer to Question #1:

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/2007/06 ... s-gun-ban/

As to #2, If you're concerned about a training to fulfil a legal requirement -- Georgia has none. If you just looking for training for the sake of being the sharpest tack in the box, I would recommend Ken Forbus. I have not taken any classes from him but he does come highly recommended by the other members of this board. And he does have a CCW class:

http://www.firearmz.net/concealedcarrypistol.html

He posts here under the name Firearmz.

3. AeroShooter

Oh, and

:welcome:

Be sure to check out georgiacarry.org while you're at it.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Just looking for a CCW class. I think that CCWing is a big responsibility and I just want to learn as much as I can.

Thanks for the info

5. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

:welcome: Insert Shamless Plug Here: Protecting your right's as a citizen and a person who is intrested in CCW is a big responsibility as well. Besure to check out Georgiacarry.org like AeroShooter recomended.

6. AeroShooter

And don't forget to join too! :)

(super-shameless plug)

7. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

First, welcome! I'm glad you've joined us and have been so diligent in looking up laws and getting prepared. I would also like to recommend Firearmz's concealed carry course. I took his Fighting Handgun course at the beginning of August and it was far and away the best use of my gun budget I could have wanted. I will be back to take even more classes from him in the future.

8. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I was trying not to be so forceful. :D But yes do join.

9. tace

tace New Member

Another +1 for GCO and Ken Forbus of Firearmz

Oh, and :welcome:

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Welcome, I think Aero covered it.

11. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

Welcome aboard!

Did anyone mention GeorgiaCarry.Org to you yet? :lol:

12. GAGunOwner