1st Range Trip after Trigger Work

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by rjinga, Mar 2, 2017.

1. rjinga

rjinga Member

I sent my trigger pack off to be tweaked last week, and got it back yesterday. Bill Springfield in Colorado changed the pull from long, heavy, and gritty, to shorter, lighter and smoother. It was money well spent! So, I headed out to the range that same day, despite the REALLY gusty winds and threat of storms. In fact, I’m blaming all my misses and flyers on the wind. (It’s my story and I’m sticking to it.)

Photos 1 & 2: three shots each at the 25 yds; I was seated, using a rubber gun rest and the iron sights. Both targets are printed on 8-1/2 x 11 paper. And, for what it’s worth, the scaled target at 25 yards is supposed to represent a full-size “dog†target at 100 yds. (I’ve also been told that the “dog†is a person in the prone shooting position.)

Photos 3 & 4: three shots each at the 50 yds; seated, using the gun rest and iron sights.

Photos 5 & 6: three shots each at the 100 yds; seated, using the gun rest and iron sights.

Attached Files:

2. rjinga

rjinga Member

Cont.

Photo 7: 10 shots at 100 yds; seated, using the gun rest and iron sights. The enemy soldier is full-size on an 11 x 17 target.

Photo 8: 10 shots at 100 yds; standing, using the sling and iron sights. The enemy soldier is full-size on a 22 x 17 target.

Photo 9: 10 shots at 50 yds; standing, and raising the rifle from 45 degrees for snap shots. The enemy soldier is approximately full-size on a 22 x 17 target.

Photo 10: 12 shots at 25 yds; same procedure and target as in photo 9.

Attached Files:

3. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

What gun? Are those parts surface heat treated? Bill is also known for ruining plenty of triggers including making them unsafe. I'm glad you're happy but I'd keep a close eye on the wear points.

4. rjinga

rjinga Member

5. Jmark

Jmark Active Member