Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from Bullseye where I gave my new Armscor 9mm 1911 its first workout.

My first obervation was that the mag spring is VERY strong, rounds 14-16 take some pressure to get in. Second observation, since I have been normally shooting polymer for the last 2 years, the wieght took a little getting used to. Third, probably due to it's weight, it has no recoil. It shoots evry softly. Fourth, it's VERY accurate. At 3 yards it shoot one hole. At 7 yards, it shoots one ragged hole, and at 15 yards it shoots one big hole. Since I was shooting with glasses on instead o fmy normal contacts I did not take any 25 yard shots, but I have no doubt that rested and with contacts that I would have any trouble keeping it in the red at 25.

I ran 100 rounds of GA Arms reloaded 115gr FMJ and about 150 rounds of Remington UMC (yellow bulk pack) 115gr FMJ. I had no problems with the GA Arms ammo, but did have 3 stove pipes early on with the Remington.

Over all, I'm VERY pleased with this gun and love shooting it. In the next few weeks I'll run another few hundred rounds through it, and will test it with some JHP rounds.

For now though, it's time to give it a good cleaning and lube it.

Adam

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Adam5 said:
For now though, it's time to give it a good cleaning and lube it.
Yeah, that's what SHE said!

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
:ttiwwp:

Warning 1911's are addictive. This is a double stack magazine :?:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts