1st Of The Year, First 1911.

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RaginCajun, Jan 1, 2011.

1. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

I've been on the fence about what entry level 1911 to get as my first. The Rock Island GI or the Springer GI. Well, a friend of mine made the choice pretty easy. LNIB, Springer GI, xtra mag, holster, and 100 rds for a steal. Here she is, hope you like her as much as I do.
    [​IMG]
    I've shot a 100 rds through already and not single hiccup.

2. galvatron

galvatron Member

I got the same pistol last year as an anniversary present. Grab some nitrile gloves and your favorite gun oil, then field strip it and drown every parked piece of that puppy with oil. Rub it in, then let it sit for a few hours. Wipe off the excess and the finish will darken beautifully. Count on doing multiple coats to get an even color. If it gets warm out let it soak in the sun and turn the pieces occasionaly. You'll be amazed how dry your fininsh is and how much oil it will actually soak up.

3. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

Thanks for the advice, after soaking for awhile, on two separate occasions, it's got a great smooth finish. Used almost a half a bottle of oil, but looks great.

4. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

Welcome to the club Ragin.. We should rub shoulders again at Trigger Time and put it through the paces. :shattered: