1st GSSF match soon

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Adam5, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I'm shooting in my first GSSF match soon. I'll be using a new Glock 17 and was wondering if anyone had ugrade sugestions. I'm getting a grip wrap this weekend. The smith at the range is suggestiong a trigger job. I was thinking about possibly changing the sights. Any suggestions ?

Adam

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

I like the idea of a grip wrap for your Glock. I have one (Hogue Handall) on my Glock 37 and it provides a much better feel to the gun's grip. My suggestion would be to change the sights, I myself prefer a three-dot sight arrangement (I shoot a LOT better with my three-dot Meprolight Night Sights than I did with the factory Glock setup). Choose whatever you would feel more comfortable with!

3. willy.45

willy.45 New Member

Go shoot the match, then see what you "need", if anything at all....... :wink:

4. Jimbo1911fan

Jimbo1911fan New Member

I shoot USPSA and IDPA with G17's and 1911's. I like to leave my Glocks stock, except for changing the comp guns out to Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights.
    Bad reloads aside, the Glocks I have seen choke are the one that have been modified.