Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shooting in my first GSSF match soon. I'll be using a new Glock 17 and was wondering if anyone had ugrade sugestions. I'm getting a grip wrap this weekend. The smith at the range is suggestiong a trigger job. I was thinking about possibly changing the sights. Any suggestions ?

Adam

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I like the idea of a grip wrap for your Glock. I have one (Hogue Handall) on my Glock 37 and it provides a much better feel to the gun's grip. My suggestion would be to change the sights, I myself prefer a three-dot sight arrangement (I shoot a LOT better with my three-dot Meprolight Night Sights than I did with the factory Glock setup). Choose whatever you would feel more comfortable with!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Adam5 said:
I'm shooting in my first GSSF match soon. I'll be using a new Glock 17 and was wondering if anyone had ugrade sugestions. I'm getting a grip wrap this weekend. The smith at the range is suggestiong a trigger job. I was thinking about possibly changing the sights. Any suggestions ?

Adam
Go shoot the match, then see what you "need", if anything at all....... :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I shoot USPSA and IDPA with G17's and 1911's. I like to leave my Glocks stock, except for changing the comp guns out to Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight night sights.
Bad reloads aside, the Glocks I have seen choke are the one that have been modified.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts