Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

After getting my GWCL on Thursday, I headed out today (Friday) with my Taurus PT 24/7 Pro C DS .45 acp in a Blackhawk nylon pancake holster at the 4:00 position. I say I OCed kinda, I think, because I had a unzipped lined jacket on over the holster and gun everywhere I went. I wasn't hiding it, but I didn't have the jacket slung over the butt of the gun frontier-style either.

Walton County: I went to a local mechanic to pay for and pick up my car. I stood there and talked with the secretary and owner for several minutes; no mention or obvious notice of the gun. They may not have seen it at all. I also went to the UPS Store (where I'm a regular customer) to print and mail some stuff. I know that the manager, at least, had to see the gun because I had to push my jacket past it once to get out my wallet, and then again to put it back. No comments or obvious reactions from the manager or anyone else in the store.

Newton County: I bought dinner to go at one of the local Subways. Again no comments or obvious reactions, but the gun was never openly exposed.

So, does that count as an OC? This is all new to me and I'm still going back and forth in my mind about full-blown OC vs. deep CC or somewhere in between like what I felt like I was doing today. Hypothetical conversation: "Oh, I didn't know you were carrying a gun. Yeap, I am."

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
When its concealed, its concealed. When it can be seen, its open. I make it a point to go around and up with my hand to get my wallet, only lifting the back portion of my cover-shirt/jacket when I CC. In the summer time when its warm, its OC all the way.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, thanks for the wallet tip, Savvy Jack. I'll remember that.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
rjinga60 said:
So, does that count as an OC? This is all new to me and I'm still going back and forth in my mind about full-blown OC vs. deep CC or somewhere in between like what I felt like I was doing today.
That is what most folks would refer to as "lazy CC". It's concealed, but you don't care if it gets exposed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts