Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided I had to try a 1911, never had one. So ditching the XD9SC as my normal carry. Bought this Sig Sauer 1911 RCS @ georgia firing line. Originally I intended to get a kimber, but after feeling this and the kimbers (And Dan suggesting I try the sig line). Ended up with this one.

Conceals better than my xd9sc (much thinner being single stack). And it is more comfortable surprisingly.

·
Ordinary Average Guy
2,934 Posts
Nice! 8)

I've handled these very same pistols a number of times but held off, ( for some strange reason I still don't understand :? ) and went with a Kimber CDP Pro II then later on, a S&W 1911ES. Perhaps down the road, I will finally aquire one of these fine SIG 1911 style pistols for myself.

Let us know how it goes with it and post up your range report.

·
Registered
541 Posts
:righton:

Nice looking gun. I look forward to reading the range report.

I decided I wanted a 1911 also. Wife bought me a Kimber Pro Carry II SS in 9MM. It hasn't arrived yet but I am definately looking forward to getting it to the range. :D

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I'd take a Sig over a Kimber anyday. Good choice. :righton:

·
My Name is Inigo Montoya
4,026 Posts
I got a chance to fondle a Sig RCS @ SSGCR on friday, they feel kinda thinner than a normal 1911 but thats just prolly me...those are great guns!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,914 Posts
Gorgeous firearm! :love: :love: :love:

I love Sigs. I also love 1911s. I haven't heard much about them, but that is one awesome firearm! :righton: :D

·
Just a Man
6,065 Posts
Your SIG RCS is modeled after the old Colt CCO (Conceled Carry Officer). Mating a Commader slide (4.25) onto a Officer aluminum frame, thus creating a very well balanced and light .45 ACP for concealed carry. This type of 1911 has always been on my "I got to have one" list. It should serve you well. Good looking gun.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm wearing one just like it and it's great. It's built like a 1911 should be and in my experience, it will eat any ammo you feed it. If I was up to the challenge, I could ditch my hammer and use it to drive nails. You are going to love it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shoots great!
Just did 50 rounds and not one issue. Didn't have too much time, just wanted to give it a go.

First 7 I did a 2 to 2.5 inch group at 15ft. One straggler. It shoots amazingly well, think I might sell the USP now too.

·
Registered
438 Posts
IMHO you just can't do better than a Sig.

I just got my .40 S&W X-change kit for my P250 today, can't wait to get out and try it out!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Dave,

There is a Sig P229R Dark Elite (in .40S&W) on the shelf with your name on it when you decide to dump the USP.

Also, one of our customers who walked out with a Sig P220 Dark Elite last week just came back in and ordered another one. Arguably among the best .45ACP platforms made.

Hopefully the alias "SigDave" isn't taken on the forum. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts