1911 convention at Kroger

Discussion in 'Citizens Encounters' started by Thumper21b, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Thumper21b

Thumper21b New Member

Hello all, I've been a stalker for some time now and have finally signed up a couple of weeks ago.
    I visited the Kroger in cumming, "20 and bethelview", OC my Smith Commander, as soon as I left my car I found myself in a conversation with an older gentleman about condition 1 carry, nice guy, good conversation. As I attempted to free a cart from it's wedged brothers I noticed a lady approximately in her mid thirties quietly snickering at my fruitless plight, she was also carrying some type of 1911 open. Together we were successful in freeing cart - man from his welded friends, so now I am off to fulfill my domestic duty. As I filled my cart, a guy at the potatoes with his family, OC. Another guy at the milk, and yet another near the bacon. I drove home adding and thinking, 6-1911s, 1 - glock, and some strange version of a Beretta. I don't know if there was a safer place in cumming that day. Nobody died, everyone was polite, nothing unsafe. No strange looks. I have been carrying for many years, and I do believe people are finally beginning to wake up. Protecting myself and my family falls on me, as should protecting the person beside me.

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Funny, I rarely see OC in Woodstock. 6 at one time in a Kroger is a wow for me. I CC myself for a variety of reasons.

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Then it just might be time for you to open up and let the world see it and know your views.

Nemo

4. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Not happening for lots of reasons. Thanks. I know there is an OC at all costs contingent but there are legitimate reasons, even good ones, to CC instead. My choice. Thanks.

5. Solomon_G

Solomon_G New Member

Nemo is just trying to get you to whip it out...show the public, LOL...don't mind him.

Everyone has a choice, and i respect everyone on their choice of carry.
    I CC more than i OC....just depends on the mood i guess.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Just setting firm limits. As for whipping it out - only if I'm going to use it. No teasing by me. :cool:

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

So no way to dare you to go bare huh?

I would open carry and depending on circumstances and location cover up. Your belt, your pants, your call.

Since I got a temporary reassignment to Va (west central area), I have made sure that if I have pants on, its open. So far not the first dirty look or any appearance of disapproval and lots of favorable comments.

Nemo

8. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I know that Kroger well, I'm there every couple of weekends for a few hours. Hadn't noticed anyone carrying and I usually keep a good eye out for that as I'm a carrier myself. Good on everyone involved.