1903 Colt "Hammerless" .32 - Nickle (Edited)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Waynedawg, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Waynedawg

Waynedawg Molon Labe

Hey gang -

I was given a Hammerless Colt 1903 .32 nickel plated pistol by my mom. This gun has been in the family for well over 70 years and has been kept in a zipped pouch. I just now, through just a little research, found out that this gun was manufactured in 1914 (From the serial number ID).

The gun is in pretty good condition. The only flaws I can tell is that the engraving has wore down some. I have not fired the gun yet as I just downloaded a manual to see how it breaks down. Other than not firing it, the gun seems to be in perfect working order. The grips are hideous and I want to replace those as soon as possible.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the quality of the photos -

Questions -

Where is the best place to look for either original grips or nice after market grips?

What do you all think the value might be on this gun?

Any advice or what to look for after I tear it down and go through it?

Thanks -

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Re: 1907 Colt "Hammerless" .32 - Nickle

Wayne are you sure this is a 1907. I found this 1903.

3. Waynedawg

Waynedawg Molon Labe

Re: 1907 Colt "Hammerless" .32 - Nickle

My bad...yes, it is a 1903.

Looking back on my post, it appears I was inebriated when I typed it. :drink: (I was in a hurry to get to my softball game).

4. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I do not think it has much collector value as it looks to have been polished and nickel plated aftermarket. The grips are really, really bad. Are they possibly ivory?

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Don't throw the grips away. Somebody somewhere has a gun like this without the grips. Also, if you ever sell this gun or give it away, the other person might want them.

6. drtybykr

drtybykr New Member

The grips do not look like they are even for this pistol, as they do not cover the magwell fully.