16-11-124

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by geaux_tigers, Mar 6, 2007.

1. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

16-11-124 reads:
    If "this part" refers to the all of the statutes that comprise "Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act" and subsections (1) and (2) are meant to exempt on-duty peace officers and military from the entirety of "Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act", doesn't it also exempt anyone in possession of "a sawed-off shotgun, sawed-off rifle, machine gun, dangerous weapon, or silencer " in accordance with National Firearms Act from the entirety of "Georgia Firearms and Weapons Act"?

In other words, wouldn't it allow me to carry my loaded Rock River Arms SBR with me as I go to a football game or apply for my GFL renewal without threat of (successful) prosecution?

If not, why not?

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

If that's the case (and it reads that way to me), does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a Glock 18?

J/K (sorta)

4. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

Guess that depends on your definition of a good deal. :)

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

No.

This part refers to 120-124.

That is part 2, Dangerous Weapons.

Public gatherings are in part 3, carrying.

6. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

USP Tactical for me w/ threaded barrel of course.

But a Baretta 93R would be a nice secondary, if you like burst fire, rather than full auto.

Or a MP5K PDW :minigun:

7. geaux_tigers

geaux_tigers Member

No.

This part refers to 120-124.

That is part 2, Dangerous Weapons.

Public gatherings are in part 3, carrying.[/quote:a5sws6gz]

Ok. I can see the parts when I look at LexisNexis. I don't recall ever having seen those "parts" referenced before like that. It's rather confusing that there is an organizational element that isn't included when code sections are cited (i.e. 16-11-124). I learn something new every day on this board. :)