140 days! - Wife's Permit On It's Way

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by EagleEye920, Jun 26, 2006.

1. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

Well, the better-half went to get her tags renewed and while doing so, made a quick stop at the probate court to check on her GFL. The lady told her it was 6-8 months!!! it started as 4-6 back in February. But then she looked up her info and found that it should have been mailed out on Friday (6/23).

So, hopefully, it'll show up in the mailbox tonight. If so, it will have been 140 days since she applied! :shakehead:

2. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Don't count on it. If they really had mailed it (i.e., put it into a post office collection box) on Friday, you should have received it on Saturday. If it didn't leave the Fulton County Courthouse on Friday (because it's still in the outgoing mail in the mail room), then it stayed there all weekend and won't really get into the mail system until today. While possible, receiving it today does not seem likely. But, congratulations on having it apparently issued. That's something. :)

3. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

I was told mine was mailed on a Friday, it didn't show up until Tuesday (Cobb County).

4. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

I'll let ya know

Either way! :soon:

5. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

6. atlctyslkr

atlctyslkr New Member

My wife applied on 01/25 and got it on 05/24. It was dated 05/18. I'm assuming since you're in Roswell that you went to the annex. After July 1 no more permits there.

7. EagleEye920

EagleEye920 Member

:woohoo:

Well, her permit came today!! Guess they put it in their office outbox on Friday. Then it made it to the annex outbox on monday. Then the annex made it to the post office on Tuesday! it was postmarked yesterday. Arrived today. so that makes 142 days since she applied! Way to go Fulton Co. :roll:

at least she's legal now :)