Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04097.html

In December, bored and craving attention, the 14-year-old used a plastic tube to blow small plastic pellets at fellow students in Spotsylvania High School
School officials expelled him for possession and use of a weapon, and they called a deputy sheriff to the scene, said Mikel and his father, Andrew Mikel Sr.

The younger Mikel, a freshman, said he was charged with three counts of misdemeanor assault. The case was first reported by the Web site WorldNetDaily.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
"Excuse me sir, do you have a Georgia Weapons License? I happened to notice that assault spit ball blow gun on your hip." :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Being a kid has now been outlawed.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,109 Posts
The same thing could happen in Georgia.
Along with 10 years in prison for the 17 year old high school student who dares possess a spitball blowgun (i.e. an ordinary drinking straw from the cafeteria).
Some people urge common sense and say a "weapon" is something that is generally regarded as being a tool to hurt or kill people with.
Other people, such as government agents not known for common sense, say a "weapon" is anything that is potentially harmful. We have to admit that getting a spitball blown into your bare eyeball would at least be temorarily painful and irritating to your eye, right?
Well there you go. Spitballs are weapons. And a straw is like a gun.

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,469 Posts
Puffyfish said:
Being a kid has now been outlawed.
Something similar to this actually happened when I was in HS. Actually, one guy threw a desk across the room at another guy... thankfully he missed!

BTW, neither one was expelled!

Ahh, the good old days!

·
Registered
530 Posts
gunsmoker said:
The same thing could happen in Georgia.
Along with 10 years in prison for the 17 year old high school student who dares possess a spitball blowgun (i.e. an ordinary drinking straw from the cafeteria).
Some people urge common sense and say a "weapon" is something that is generally regarded as being a tool to hurt or kill people with.
Other people, such as government agents not known for common sense, say a "weapon" is anything that is potentially harmful. We have to admit that getting a spitball blown into your bare eyeball would at least be temorarily painful and irritating to your eye, right?
Well there you go. Spitballs are weapons. And a straw is like a gun.
Very good point. I move for a ban on all straws in schools and day cares. If a parent wants to drop off a student at school and have a straw in their lunch they shall have a permit for it, and it must be kept in a locked lunch box.

No capri suns, no juice boxes and no water bottles with an internal straw.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I only graduated high school on Long Island in 2004 and back then my friends and I used to get each other with weapons made from pens and rubber bands. We also used to take the rubber bands between our middle finger and thumb, pull the front far back and snap each other with it. I had a buddy that would also spend entire classes drawing detailed firearm pictures in middle school and he never got in trouble. The teachers didn't care because we were just goofing off. I can't believe things have gotten out of hand so fast. Where does it end? We used to play paddleball in PE with rackets from the 70s and my friend got nailed in the eye by a racket ball. I would hate to find out what would have occurred if that happened now. Nothing because they probably aren't allowed to use paddles in gym anymore.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Wolfram said:
No capri suns, no juice boxes and no water bottles with an internal straw.
I hope this doesn't turn into one of those OC vs. CC debates.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Simple fix, every kid must come to school in a straight jacket. The end...

·
Romans 10:13
4,625 Posts
There go the pencils and pens. Wait a minute. That's what I use to use in school way back when. Now those items are called computers.

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
No wonder other country's are laughing at us, Americans are so stupid! :screwy:

·
يفخر الكافر
3,938 Posts
At this point, you'd probably get expelled for writing the word "gun" on a piece of paper and throwing it at someone...

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Savvy Jack said:
Hold the phone... Not everyone. My oldest son carries a pocket knife to school every day and even keeps his airsoft pistol in his backpack. No one says a word about it, either.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I graduated in 2004 in Dawson Co and it wasn't anything like this its ridiculous on boortz this morning they said a 7 year old fired a nerf style gun at school and is being charged with a firearm...I have a 2 little kids and are torn on what to do for their schooling the "public" schools are pretty good around here I just don't know if I can stand to send them there...and homeschooling I know I wouldn't have wanted to have been home schooled.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
AV8R said:
Hold the phone... Not everyone. My oldest son carries a pocket knife to school every day and even keeps his airsoft pistol in his backpack. No one says a word about it, either.
Assuming he's going to a public K-12 school, how does this make him (or you for that matter) smart?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Savvy Jack said:
See, I figured the TV show Survivor is what made them all hate us. Think about it, we reward someone $1,000,000.00 for lasting 6 weeks on an island that has been inhabitated for hundreds of years.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
AV8R said:
Savvy Jack said:
Homeschool? [I'll bite]

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Hock25 said:
AV8R said:
Savvy Jack said:
Homeschool? [I'll bite]
If that's the case, then my son also carries a knife to school every day. And so do the principal and the primary teacher. And there are several guns in their office.

Oh, my. That can't be good.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JeF4y said:
AV8R said:
Assuming he's going to a public K-12 school, how does this make him (or you for that matter) smart?
:lol: You know what they say about the word assume.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts