13 Hours

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Malum Prohibitum, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Is there a thread on this movie, 13 Hours, yet?

It is in Redbox now.

Rent it.

Watch it.

It is intense, but I had both of my boys watch it, too.

Afterward, I asked them what they thought of the President. I asked each of them separately, so they did not hear me ask the other.

Neither of them had flattering words.

The movie is not overtly political, so this means my boys were thinking when they watched it.

Watch it. Report back. :rightawaysir:

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I personally loved it, and Michael Bay somehow managed not to ruin it, even though some dialogue was cringe worthy, and I have had a few veterans agree with me.

Still, I'd have to say, one of the best recent war movies I've ever seen, great action, good acting. Good gun play.

Again, I'll say it, every one of those GSR guys who broke authority, risked their lives, saved lives, and lost their lives were heroes, no bs, either.

Amazing what those real men did, and Killary slept, Obama too, and Obama would not authorize cross-border authority, left those men on their own for 13 hours. Unspeakable. Not even a fly by from a jet. I can't even say the word I feel for them.

Those men were in Lybia doing Killary's dirty work, that she and Obama wanted, and they wouldn't give them adequate security, and I'm not sure they can trust their land lord, either.

Not like you can stop by the local 7-11 and ask where the nearest CIA house is can you?

Makes me question the whole thing.

Did she hang them and the ambassador out to dry to try to keep the guns, ect they were funneling to ISIS a secret? Remember, they funded ISIS trying to take out Assad in Syria.

Makes you wonder how they knew what coordinates they knew to send those mortars to as well.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016

3. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

I wish I had seen it at the theater

4. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I heard Hillary Clinton was gonna see it, but decided not to, since she slept through it the first time.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MBjAN7jqsQ[/ame]

7. CoffeeMate

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBFmlNfFwUw[/ame]

8. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Can't belive how jacked up that one nerdy guy got

9. Wheedle

Wheedle Active Member

Reading the book now...

10. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

it should be mandatory watching before you vote
    my best friend went with me to see it in theater glad no children were near me my language wasnt the nicest

11. fitzdawg79

fitzdawg79 Member

I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but James Badge Dale was great in the HBO mini-series The Pacific.

12. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

Red Box still exists? I thought it had gone the way of Blockbuster.

13. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

There's a couple in my area but not nearly the saturation they once had.

14. MedicOxford

MedicOxford New Member

We watched it the other day...loved it! It was really great. I was really pissed at the end. I felt as if people died for no reason and the CIA station chief should have been tried in court...

I wonder how much of it was true...

15. hammerg26

hammerg26 Member

Amazing movie. Watched it with my 11 year old. One of his takeaways: "Now I understand why people say Obama and Hillary stink." (I think he started to say a different word, but his mom walked in the room.). Kid is smart!

16. Malum Prohibitum

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/13-hours/

Read the whole thing.

I'll take the words of the men that were there over politicians looking for cover any day.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  17. Malum Prohibitum

I am now going to buy the book.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...x-news-benghazi-and-13-hours-a-critical-look/

18. Malum Prohibitum

Same link as post #18

I can guess what would cause the CIA to lie, but what would be the motive of the 5 contractors to unanimously lie and go against the official government position? I cannot think of anything. If they told us that it just took that long to get all of their gear together, and one cannot respond to a battle faster than that, nobody would fault them for it.

I will take the word of the guys who were there over bureaucrats looking for cover.

19. CoffeeMate

Yep. It isn't even a question, really.