Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a thread on this movie, 13 Hours, yet?

It is in Redbox now.

Rent it.

Watch it.

It is intense, but I had both of my boys watch it, too.

Afterward, I asked them what they thought of the President. I asked each of them separately, so they did not hear me ask the other.

Neither of them had flattering words.

The movie is not overtly political, so this means my boys were thinking when they watched it.

Watch it. Report back. :rightawaysir:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
I personally loved it, and Michael Bay somehow managed not to ruin it, even though some dialogue was cringe worthy, and I have had a few veterans agree with me.

Still, I'd have to say, one of the best recent war movies I've ever seen, great action, good acting. Good gun play.

Again, I'll say it, every one of those GSR guys who broke authority, risked their lives, saved lives, and lost their lives were heroes, no bs, either.

Amazing what those real men did, and Killary slept, Obama too, and Obama would not authorize cross-border authority, left those men on their own for 13 hours. Unspeakable. Not even a fly by from a jet. I can't even say the word I feel for them.

Those men were in Lybia doing Killary's dirty work, that she and Obama wanted, and they wouldn't give them adequate security, and I'm not sure they can trust their land lord, either.

Not like you can stop by the local 7-11 and ask where the nearest CIA house is can you?

Makes me question the whole thing.

Did she hang them and the ambassador out to dry to try to keep the guns, ect they were funneling to ISIS a secret? Remember, they funded ISIS trying to take out Assad in Syria.

Makes you wonder how they knew what coordinates they knew to send those mortars to as well.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
I heard Hillary Clinton was gonna see it, but decided not to, since she slept through it the first time.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Can't belive how jacked up that one nerdy guy got

·
Registered
83 Posts
Good movie.

·
what me worry?
6,504 Posts
Is there a thread on this movie, 13 Hours, yet?

It is in Redbox now.

Rent it.

Watch it.

It is intense, but I had both of my boys watch it, too.

Afterward, I asked them what they thought of the President. I asked each of them separately, so they did not hear me ask the other.

Neither of them had flattering words.

The movie is not overtly political, so this means my boys were thinking when they watched it.

Watch it. Report back. :rightawaysir:
it should be mandatory watching before you vote
my best friend went with me to see it in theater glad no children were near me my language wasnt the nicest

·
Registered
254 Posts
I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but James Badge Dale was great in the HBO mini-series The Pacific.

·
Registered
558 Posts
We watched it the other day...loved it! It was really great. I was really pissed at the end. I felt as if people died for no reason and the CIA station chief should have been tried in court...

I wonder how much of it was true...

·
Registered
711 Posts
Amazing movie. Watched it with my 11 year old. One of his takeaways: "Now I understand why people say Obama and Hillary stink." (I think he started to say a different word, but his mom walked in the room.). Kid is smart!

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I wonder how much of it was true...
http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/13-hours/

"We can debate all day long why the order was given or why ['Bob'] held us back. We can debate that, but the facts are the facts. We were there. No other congressman was there that I saw, and we made a decision to go and we saved lives. But people are out there sayin' that we are lyin'. On national television they're accusing us of lying for a book. This book was written for the story that wasn't being told and to represent the lives of the individuals that died."
Read the whole thing.

I'll take the words of the men that were there over politicians looking for cover any day.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am now going to buy the book.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...x-news-benghazi-and-13-hours-a-critical-look/

A great number of journalists and government instrumentalities have tilted at Benghazi. Congressional committees have done exhaustive research and investigations, a frenzy that continues with the first public hearing tomorrow of the House select committee on Benghazi; David Kirkpatrick did a huge and controversial investigative project in the New York Times at the end of last year; Sharyl Attkisson turned CBSNews.com into her own Benghazi channel before leaving the network; Fox News dedicated 1,098 evening segments to Benghazi over 20 months following the attacks; and on and on.

All of those efforts look fragmentary when placed side-by-side with “13 Hours,†a 300-page chronology written by Boston University journalism professor Mitchell Zuckoff and the five surviving members of the annex security contract team. They are Tiegen, Geist, Kris “Tanto†Paronto and two others who are pseudonymous in the book.

“13 Hours†actually understates the book’s approach; a better title might have been “780 Minutes,†or “46,800 Seconds,†such is the detail through which Zuckoff and his co-authors cycle on every page.

·
69,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Same link as post #18

And boy, did the CIA's denial ever gain traction in officialdom. A report of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence found, "The Committee explored claims that there was a 'stand down' order given to the security team at the Annex. Although some members of the security team expressed frustration that they were unable to respond more quickly to the Mission compound, the Committee found no evidence of intentional delay or obstruction by the Chief of Base or any other party." A House Intelligence Committee report found that there was no "stand down" order. The State Department's Accountability Review Board found that "The departure of the Annex team was not delayed by orders from superiors."

"13 Hours" surrounds the record with doubt. The security operators express no equivocation that they were instructed by the CIA base chief to "stand down" more than once in the 20 to 30 minutes during which . . .
I can guess what would cause the CIA to lie, but what would be the motive of the 5 contractors to unanimously lie and go against the official government position? I cannot think of anything. If they told us that it just took that long to get all of their gear together, and one cannot respond to a battle faster than that, nobody would fault them for it.

I will take the word of the guys who were there over bureaucrats looking for cover.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I'll take the words of the men that were there over politicians looking for cover any day.
Malum Prohibitum said:
I will take the word of the guys who were there over bureaucrats looking for cover.
Yep. It isn't even a question, really.

I can guess what would cause the CIA to lie...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts