$11,000 Fine, Arrest if Refuse Scanner or Patdown

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Nov 22, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Read the rest of the article for all the wonderful quotes in it: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sf ... 4032.story

Do the scanner or patdown or else! When is this madness going to end?

The 11 grand is just half the problem. If you get arrested and charged under some ridiculous crime, you still have to post bail, hire an expensive attorney, and probably go bankrupt fighting this lunacy in court. If you don't pay the fine, I'm sure you'll be arrested as well. How about if you resist arrest from such an arbitrary thing? I'm sure they will go easy on you. Do you think they'll bring guns to arrest you if you don't pay the fine?

This really is becoming tyranny. It must be stopped.

2. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

I can drive anywhere I need to go. I am sure airlines don't need the money.

Or .... I can just choose which airports to spend my money at:

http://hotair.com/archives/2010/11/18/r ... screeners/

3. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

TSA strike on the horizon?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flyingwit ... t-of-view/

4. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

BLACK SUIT (BS): "Can I speak with you?"
    ME: "No. Leave me alone"

5. {TEX}Hawaii((

{TEX}Hawaii(( New Member

Flew yesterday out of Kansas City....I was not scanned or patted down and did not see TSA do this to anyone during my 12 minute adventure through security. Very crowded and I don't think MCI (KC Airport) has the scanners yet. I did see a privacy booth set up in vicinity of the checkpoint that could be used for patdowns.

6. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I will be flying in a little over two weeks. I am hopeful that I will selected for the image scanner so I can opt out of it and get selected for an "enhanced pat down". I'm going to have fun with it. :)

7. {TEX}Hawaii((

{TEX}Hawaii(( New Member

Ok. Flew again today and was not selected for either the scanner or patdown. Watched the security checkpoint again for a while and again did not see anyone selected for either procedure. FYI, the ATL airport was packed wall to wall.

8. niadhf

niadhf New Member

Wear a Kilt. I may do this if i chose to fly again. Whether you go "traditional" or not, i am SURE if they chose you you could have fun with it! (bring someone to video it too!)
    Looking at Train if i dont want to drive right now. and i WILL inform airlines that i chose train over flying just for this issue. ALL of the airlines that fly out of my Local Airport!

9. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

A friend and I are flying together. He is not up for "pushing TSA's buttons", as he puts it. But he is perfectly fine with videoing me doing so. I really hope to get selected for the image scanner.

10. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Video'ing TSA folks gets you arrested now.

11. {TEX}Hawaii((

{TEX}Hawaii(( New Member

I wonder if that is only while you are going through security yourself....?

I actually saw a guy taking a video of TSA workers at a checkpoint today at the airport. I watched him for 5 minutes and it didn't seem like anyone had a problem with it.