Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$11,000 fine, arrest possible for some who refuse airport scans and pat downs

If you don't want to pass through an airport scanner that allows security agents to see an image of your naked body or to undergo the alternative, a thorough manual search, you may have to find another way to travel this holiday season.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) is warning that any would-be commercial airline passenger who enters an airport checkpoint and then refuses to undergo the method of inspection designated by TSA will not be allowed to fly and also will not be permitted to simply leave the airport.

That person will have to remain on the premises to be questioned by the TSA and possibly by local law enforcement. Anyone refusing faces fines up to $11,000 and possible arrest.
Read the rest of the article for all the wonderful quotes in it: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sf ... 4032.story

Do the scanner or patdown or else! When is this madness going to end?

The 11 grand is just half the problem. If you get arrested and charged under some ridiculous crime, you still have to post bail, hire an expensive attorney, and probably go bankrupt fighting this lunacy in court. If you don't pay the fine, I'm sure you'll be arrested as well. How about if you resist arrest from such an arbitrary thing? I'm sure they will go easy on you. Do you think they'll bring guns to arrest you if you don't pay the fine?

This really is becoming tyranny. It must be stopped.

·
Registered
9,195 Posts

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
TSA strike on the horizon?

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/flyingwit ... t-of-view/

In the past few weeks since the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) implemented its new “enhanced†pat down procedures there has been considerable backlash from the traveling public. This backlash has been loud and angry … but what is not heard or seen in the media is the quiet resentment of this new policy within the TSA.

A few days ago I contacted 20 TSA Transportation Security Officers (TSO) to ask their opinions of the new “enhanced†pat downs. Of the 20 I reached out to, 17 responded. All 17 who responded are at airports where the new “enhanced†pat down is in place … and the responses were all the same, that front line TSOs do not like the new pat downs and that they do not want to perform them. I expected most to not like the pat downs … but what I didn’t expect was that all 17 mentioned their morale being broken down.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
EJR914 said:
After I finished videotaping the incident I went through the check point myself. I collected my things and went over to talk to the father and son. Before I could get to them a man in a black suit who had been talking with the other TSA officials approached me. He asked to speak to me and I obliged, wondering what was to come. He then proceeded to interrogate me about why I was videotaping the "procedures of the TSA"
BLACK SUIT (BS): "Can I speak with you?"
ME: "No. Leave me alone"

·
Registered
592 Posts
Flew yesterday out of Kansas City....I was not scanned or patted down and did not see TSA do this to anyone during my 12 minute adventure through security. Very crowded and I don't think MCI (KC Airport) has the scanners yet. I did see a privacy booth set up in vicinity of the checkpoint that could be used for patdowns.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
I will be flying in a little over two weeks. I am hopeful that I will selected for the image scanner so I can opt out of it and get selected for an "enhanced pat down". I'm going to have fun with it. :)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Ok. Flew again today and was not selected for either the scanner or patdown. Watched the security checkpoint again for a while and again did not see anyone selected for either procedure. FYI, the ATL airport was packed wall to wall.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Thorsen said:
I will be flying in a little over two weeks. I am hopeful that I will selected for the image scanner so I can opt out of it and get selected for an "enhanced pat down". I'm going to have fun with it. :)
Wear a Kilt. I may do this if i chose to fly again. Whether you go "traditional" or not, i am SURE if they chose you you could have fun with it! (bring someone to video it too!)
Looking at Train if i dont want to drive right now. and i WILL inform airlines that i chose train over flying just for this issue. ALL of the airlines that fly out of my Local Airport!

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
niadhf said:
Thorsen said:
Wear a Kilt. I may do this if i chose to fly again. Whether you go "traditional" or not, i am SURE if they chose you you could have fun with it! (bring someone to video it too!)
Looking at Train if i dont want to drive right now. and i WILL inform airlines that i chose train over flying just for this issue. ALL of the airlines that fly out of my Local Airport!
A friend and I are flying together. He is not up for "pushing TSA's buttons", as he puts it. But he is perfectly fine with videoing me doing so. I really hope to get selected for the image scanner.

·
Registered
592 Posts
New2Atlanta said:
Video'ing TSA folks gets you arrested now.
I wonder if that is only while you are going through security yourself....?

I actually saw a guy taking a video of TSA workers at a checkpoint today at the airport. I watched him for 5 minutes and it didn't seem like anyone had a problem with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts