Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Miami-Dade Police Department has made its first arrests in the agency's gun bounty program announced last week.

Police received a call from a tipster referencing the "One Gun, One Arrest, One Grand" campaign who informed them of two men on the streets "in possession of firearms illegally," Miami-Dade police Cmdr. Linda O'Brien said.

When detectives arrived, the men fled the area, but one of them was apprehended, police said. The second man ran to a nearby apartment, where he and another man inside were also arrested, police said.

Police said Charles Lee Johnson, of Fort Lauderdale, Conrad Hicks, of Miami Gardens, and Kenneth A. Daniels, of Miami, were all found to be in possession of weapons. Police said there were ammunition, a bulletproof vest, illegal drugs, a safe, an antique gun and two cash register drawers inside the apartment.

The "One Gun, One Arrest, One Grand" campaign offers a $1,000 reward to anyone who calls in a tip that leads to illegal guns being taken off the streets. The program is open to any citizen, but it is being targeted to more than 300 people who are released from Miami-Dade County jails on any given day.

As a result, the tipster in this instance earned $3,000.

Johnson is charged with one count each of carrying a concealed firearm, possession of marijuana and grand theft; Hicks is charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition prohibited by injunction; and Daniels is charged with one count each of carrying a concealed firearm and resisting arrest without violence.

If anyone knows somebody with an illegal gun or has any information, call Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Anybody else considering buying some cheap guns, tipping Miami-Dade off about their location, and getting the bounty back and going and buying some expensive guns?

I mean, I buy 6 Bersas at like $250 a piece, make a $4500 profit, and go buy a 1911, a couple Glocks, a shotgun...

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
gsusnake said:
Anybody else considering buying some cheap guns, tipping Miami-Dade off about their location, and getting the bounty back and going and buying some expensive guns?

I mean, I buy 6 Bersas at like $250 a piece, make a $4500 profit, and go buy a 1911, a couple Glocks, a shotgun...
:-k

Not a bad idea. I'm in Orlando right now. I'm sure that "bounty" will just lead to people reporting any gun they see, just to try and get the money. If OC were legal in FL, it would be much more of a problem with this bounty...

·
16,485 Posts
gsusnake said:

Yeah, but then you need 6 fall guys. I suppose you could be a more humane version of Dexter, though...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Adam5 said:
Bear in mind that the bounty is for ILLEGAL guns.
So, you buy a cheap gun, have your friend "steal" it, plant it on a 3rd party with a bag of weed, make a call, get $3000.

I wonder if anyone thought to put a cap on potential yearly earnings?

edit: I wonder if the "tips" received through this program will be enough info for LEOs to apply for (and receive) search warrents?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts