1 Shot At Five Points MARTA Station

Discussion in 'Georgia Crime Reports' started by mark5019, Jan 7, 2011.

1. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Oh no, another totally random killing at 5 points. A fluke, I'm sure, just like murder there last week.

2. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Five points is "well lit", and "extremely safe."

3. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I didn't get shot when I was there. Maybe more people should carry ak pistols.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

[​IMG]

5. mountainpass

6. Puffyfish

Puffyfish New Member

[​IMG] I'm betting he looks like this.

Yup, just found an actual photo of the killer. [​IMG] I was dead on it.

All high on da Grey Goose, I wonder if he had a thong on. Oh well his cellmate can take care of that. Cuz we all know dat "Grey Goose and 'n' a thong is you can have on".

I amaze my self sometimes with my accuracy.

[​IMG]

7. Glocker

Glocker New Member

Good grief! I hope everyone on this board carries some sort of weapon anytime they have to ride MARTA.

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

All those will common sense will. And at least one of those weapons will be a firearm.

9. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This is why I'm armed to the teeth and my situation awareness is in the red the entire time I am ever in Atlanta... the closer you get to downtown the worse. MARTA is really scary to me at night anyway.

10. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I wish I could, but I take it everyday to Georgia State. Can't be armed there. :roll: I was thinking of having someone hold my gun for me at five points while I went to class, but there were a few problems with that idea.

11. pwrlifter12

pwrlifter12 New Member

Bdee, there's a parking lot (3.00/day) that's a short walk from GCB but definitely over 1000 feet. If you keep going past GCB so that the building is on your right and pass the Bell South building, the lot is directly to your right. I parked there while I went to class and locked my weapon up in my car. Pretty safe and never caught anyone perusing the lot that didn't park their own vehicle there.

12. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

I'll tell you now, you wont ever see my butt on marta without my handgun on me. IMHO Marta is like I-75,285,400 and all of the other main artery hwys and interstates. If I was to shoot someone at one station, jump on the train and ride to another, and then again they dont light those stations up the way they should. They could do a better job with more lights, more security cameras and more bodies blending in with the other riders, this wouldnt change the fact I'd have my 9mm but it could possibly persuade idiots from doing this as often as they do.

13. JeF4y

JeF4y New Member

I'll continue to take my chances without the fear I see in others. Statistically I'm sure I'm still far better off using the marta than driving on the highways.

14. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

I would carry if I could. But those that pushed for sb308 sold out university students out because Virginia Tech wasn't a strong enough lesson. But I guess it was a matter of what was possible vs. what was the right thing to do. If you believe that gun free zones create killing zones, then why leave universities out of the equation?

15. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

Campus carry was included with SB308. It was stricken during one of the committee meetings on it. Those that pushed for SB308 didn't sell out anyone, the anti-gunners and their reps did. Full school carry was never part of SB308,so there's no way you can state students were sold out by anyone on full student carry.

Do you contact your representatives, meet and talk with them and let them know what you'd like to see in a bill? School carry will never be introduced if those that want it don't encourage their representatives to get it introduced.

16. bdee

bdee انا باتمان

My representative is Karla Drenner. Yes I do speak with her, but if anyone else knows of her, you'll know how far I got.

17. mountainpass

http://karladrenner.org/more/index.cfm? ... more_13880

86 Karla Drenner -0.67 - D -0.67 - D NA

:-k

18. Cagleicious

Cagleicious New Member

Had to drop a trailer off at the Candler Marta station right down the street from there LAATE wednesday night. The guy I work for some lives right near there and i couldn't get to his house cause of ice etc...

I was a little nervous to say the least, people just come out of no where!! I had my Kimber on me and my Sub 2000 was laying on the back seat.