1-AA football FTW!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by gsusnake, Sep 1, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

OK, so I hate App State with a passion I normally reserve for the abusers of children (almost as much as I hate Furman, the Citadel, and UGA) but I've gotta give the mountain boys their propers for whupping up on Michigan today!

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

LOL! I'm in Detroit for the weekend and the lady that cleans our apartment here was bragging yesterday that she didn't even care to watch that game because "it's going to be lame and Michigan's gonna win anyway."

I can't wait to see her this week sometime. :)

3. merlock

merlock Active Member

:lol:

4. Macktee

Macktee New Member

One of my former work buddies actually has a "Go Blue" tattoo. I would post a copy of the e-mail I sent him, but it probably violates the dictates of good taste and decorum... However, I enjoyed the hell outta sending it to him!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

I didn't watch the game. But I watched the clips on TV. WTF??? The big M seems to be struggling bad.

6. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

Not only did they win, they got paid $400,000 to do so.

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I-AA? What's that? It's CS and BS for the former I-AA and I-A, respectively. Appropriate current title for the former I-A, if you ask me.

8. merlock

merlock Active Member

Good!

:rotfl2:

9. commodore_dude

commodore_dude Active Member

We cheered as loud watching this game on TV at my tailgate yesterday as we did watching our Dawgs show Okie State why the SEC still reigns supreme 8)

10. gsusnake

Just like in 04, we went to UGA and got paid $250K to lose (and we could have won that game, we scored more points on UGA than any other team all season).

We then hosted Johnson C. Smith University (a Division II school from Charlotte who plays their home games in a high school stadium) and paid them $60K. We won 84-3... only reason I stuck around for the whole game was all the people who got to play. I thought the coaches were gonna come up in the stands and start picking folks out to put on pads and take a few snaps.

11. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

That's because Lloyd Carr looks too much like John Kerry.

12. merlock

merlock Active Member

:rotfl:

13. legacy38

Appy State contacted VSU about an open date VSU has on the 15th, but we had a Thursday game scheduled and would have had a short week and declined. Our game was later moved to Saturday.

It would have been so cool to have gone to Boone and beaten the team that beat Michigan. :)

My guess is that Appy wanted a Hatch Attack preview.

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, probably. GSU travels to Boone this season and the purple pansies come here.

15. gsusnake

They'll get it, full on and IN THE FACE!

I'm currently looking at going to Boone for this one.

16. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I don't plan on going to any away games as of now.

17. legacy38

September 22nd will be a good day. CSS is televising the Valdosta State @ Arkansas Tech game at 3pm followed by the Georgia Southern game.

I'll be throwing the smoke to something to on Friday or Saturday to have some good eats for the ball game.

18. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member