Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....I was awake but not up when my dog went ballistic this morning. It wasn't his normal "I hear a motorcycle 5 miles away" bark. It was his "Dad, get the hell up, somebody's on the porch" bark. I picked up the CW45 and peeked around the corner and looked down to the foyer and could see somebody on the porch. I eased down the stairs and peeked out again and saw the light of a small flash light and could tell that somebody was holding a clipboard. I went around through the kitchen and slipped up to the front door, still out of sight, and turned on the porch light. Well, lo and behold, there stood a Sheriff's deputy with clip board in hand, serving me with papers re: a car accident my daughter had last June. I opened the door with the CW behind the door where he couldn't see it and said, "You do know that when you knock on somebody's door at 6:30 in the morning that there's a good chance they may have their gun, don't you?" He didn't reply. I walked back a few feet and put mine on a table. All he said was something like, "Yeah, I needed to start early today, though....have a lot to deliver." Geez Louise, it was my off day and he messed up my sleep in.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hmmm my landlord said the Sheriff's department was at my house today too, hope their not serving me something as well :shock:. Hope they come back at a reasonable time. Makes sense... first of the month and all.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
WoodandSteel said:
I probably would've left out the gun part. Could be taken as a veiled threat.
:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
not sure why you brought up the gun part :screwy:

·
Old, Slow, Boring Dude
2,469 Posts
patrick4588 said:
not sure why you brought up the gun part :screwy:
Perhaps I should let the OP explain, but my guess is he had no place to put it (except on the table) since he was probably still in his "nightclothes"

Of course, he could have closed the door, stowed the gun, then re-opened the door...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
dcannon1 said:
livesounder said:
Jeez...Still in bed at 6:30 on a weekday?

Slacker

:p
I don't even know what 6:30am looks like.
Go into a room with no windows, close the door and stuff a towel under the bottom of the door. Then shut off the lights. Can't see anything but black. THAT is what 0630 looks like :shattered:

·
Rabble Rouser
522 Posts
slackers, some days I sleep in until 6:30 AM 8) grew up on a farm and still get up around 4;30 every morning (yes, weekends included)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I remember getting served with my divorce papers from the first wife on Christmas Eve. The Deputy looked sorry as hell, but he perked up when I said "Thanks man... that's the best Christmas present I've ever gotten". :lol:

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I had a bank served a couple weeks ago.
They refused service, the server just left the papers on a chair in the lobby.

The bank folks did show up in court. I expect the bank's lawyers told them to quit being silly. Cannot dodge service forever.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
the other folks I had served would not take the papers until the 3rd time, refused to open their front door.

(3rd time they gave in, well that was after I explained the details to them)

Close call as the hearing would have been delayed and I was already far from home to be in court.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
If it ain't coffee (or sexual favors) don't serve it to me at 6:30 am. I have guns for a reason...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts