Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently applied for a 03 FFL license. Part of the process involved in the FFL is sending a copy of the application to the local Chief of Police of my FFL application.

Well, apparently, my timing is terrible. I sent off the application 2 weeks ago, and today I get a call from the Roswell interim Chief of Police stating that the application needs to be resubmitted because the name on something he has to sign is incorrect?

I thought the C&R FFL process didn't involve the CLEO signing off on anything. Was I mistaken?

·
Registered
15,984 Posts
They don't have to do anything, or sign anything. You just mail them the form to "inform" them. Sort of like junk-mail for them. They've called you back stating that they got it. Its over now. That is all. You did what is required.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently the previous Chief of Police retired and he is the interim one for the next couple of weeks, so he called because he thought I needed to file a new 03 FFL application with the proper CLEO name on the form.

At the time I mailed the form, however, and at the time Roswell PD received it, the name was correct.

Also, the interim chief asked if I would submit to a background check. I pointed out I have a GWL. He asked when it was issued, and I said 2 years ago. He then said that it would make him feel better if he could run me through GCIC. He then said the FFL application said that he should contact the ATF if he knows of any reason why I shouldn't be issued an FFL. I told him I wasn't going to make a trip to the Roswell PD to get fingerprinted just so he can run a background check that wasn't necessary. He then said I don't need to do that, he just wants my permission to run my info.

I thought to myself quizzically "Isn't all that information on my FFL application? Can't he do that without asking me?" I told him as long as it doesn't require me to do anything, he could do it if it would make him feel better.

·
Premium Member
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Roswell interim chief e-mailed me back stating he called the DOJ/ATF and was told he wasn't supposed to do anything unless he had cause to stop them from issuing, so he said he wasn't running anything and that I am good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts