Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.cbs46.com/story/34219944/almost-200-guns-seized-at-hartsfield-jackson

In Georgia, a person can carry their firearm at any area outside the screening checkpoint.

"If second amendment enthusiasts are at the airport and they're exhibiting that, we will have eyes on them at all times… so passengers here should feel safe even if they happen to see that," said airport spokesman Reese McCranie.

McCranie said staff members work to ensure the highest level of security and safety.
Saw this guy on the news last night and forgot to look it up, but they replayed it tonight.

Sounds a lot like profiling.

·
I watch the watchers
12,885 Posts
Come and look all you want, heck accompany me everywhere I go, I'll just feel that much safer with you guys around. "So.. hey, you wanna grab a burger?"

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Deplorable bitter clinger.
5,695 Posts
"2nd Amendment enthusiasts"? What a weird way to label us. Sounds more like we are Constitutional history majors or something.

Let's try, lawfully armed citizens, m'kay?

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,413 Posts
"2nd Amendment enthusiasts"? What a weird way to label us. Sounds more like we are Constitutional history majors or something.

It's a pretty good improvement over "Gun nut".

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

Like it's a "dirty" thing to enjoy the liberty's observed in our nation's Constitution. Whenever you speak are you a "First amendment enthusiast?". LOL

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I sent the reporter and email asking if she has ever sat down with a gun owner that carries and had a interview that was not a hit piece.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sent the reporter and email asking if she has ever sat down with a gun owner that carries and had a interview that was not a hit piece.
I don't see her as the problem here. If anything she gave us a direct quote(instead of a "he said") from the guy you should be contacting.

·
codegeek reincarnate
901 Posts
I guess if they are concentrating on having "eyes on me", then they are not focused on doing their job. :shock:

All i have to say is thank God these folks are tasked with providing security.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
I was looking for the video and found this opinion piece. LOL it's kinda what I'm pointing out, maybe we can get some behind the scenes tours: http://www.cbs46.com/clip/12741075/just-a-minute-listen-up-tsa
The Minneapolis-St. Paul area has the largest Somali population in the US. And it's well known as a hotbed for muslim radicalization. So they get butt-hurt over racial profiling and TSA gives them a tour of sensitive areas of the airport to assuage said butt-hurt? And even ask their opinions on how to make it "better?" Really? Hey, TSA. Here's a suggestion: Just give them the building keys.

John Kelly needs to clean house at TSA and the whole Homeland Security bureaucratic boondoggle.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
2nd Amendment enthusiast? :popcorn:

Is a religious person or a reporter a 1st Amendment enthusiast?

Is a believer in due process a 4th Amendment enthusiast?

Is a believer in states' rights a 10th Amendment enthusiast?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
“If 2A enthusiasts are at the airport and they’re exhibiting that, we will ha...

2nd Amendment enthusiast? :popcorn:

Is a religious person or a reporter a 1st Amendment enthusiast?

Is a believer in due process a 4th Amendment enthusiast?

Is a believer in states' rights a 10th Amendment enthusiast?
Well once we started embracing "gun nut" it started to be less derogatory.

More women are carrying now, so the antis have a hard time saying we are only carrying to compensate for our masculinity.

Now it's 2A enthusiast I suppose.

I'm particularly fond of ammosexual.

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
More women are carrying now, so the antis have a hard time saying we are only carrying to compensate for our masculinity.
I was going to make a comment but in retrospect someone would have been offended by it so...................... :lol:

·
Registered
14,956 Posts
Discretion........ :lol:

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
I don't understand the comment at all. Are they saying that they will be watching open carriers? Is that what they mean by 2A enthusiasts? If someone is CC'ing, there is nothing to observe. As far as I can see, this is just more nonsensical lip service intended to make ignorant people feel safe. Is the shooter at the FL airport the 2A enthusiast because he flew with a firearm? Is that who they are going to be watching? I thought I read something just yesterday that had the FBI claiming that the shoot in FL flew specifically there because the whole airport was a gun free zone.

·
69,784 Posts
I don't understand the comment at all. Are they saying that they will be watching open carriers? Is that what they mean by 2A enthusiasts? If someone is CC'ing, there is nothing to observe.
The video is out now.

Which was Esteban Santiago Aashiq Hamad doing, concealing or carrying openly? Would they have been watching him or the guy carrying openly coming to baggage claim to pick up his wife?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts