“If 2A enthusiasts are at the airport and they’re exhibiting that, we will have eyes"

Discussion in 'Georgia In the News' started by mountainpass, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

http://www.cbs46.com/story/34219944/almost-200-guns-seized-at-hartsfield-jackson

Saw this guy on the news last night and forgot to look it up, but they replayed it tonight.

Sounds a lot like profiling.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  2. mog

mog Active Member

They can look all they want.

3. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Come and look all you want, heck accompany me everywhere I go, I'll just feel that much safer with you guys around. "So.. hey, you wanna grab a burger?"

4. mountainpass

5. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

"2nd Amendment enthusiasts"? What a weird way to label us. Sounds more like we are Constitutional history majors or something.

Let's try, lawfully armed citizens, m'kay?

6. Rugerer

Rugerer GeePeeDoHolic

It's a pretty good improvement over "Gun nut".

7. Aleksfoxtrot

Aleksfoxtrot Active Member

Like it's a "dirty" thing to enjoy the liberty's observed in our nation's Constitution. Whenever you speak are you a "First amendment enthusiast?". LOL

8. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I loved it when Joyce Oscar said, "Are we just stupid?".

She hit the nail on the head with this rather factual opinion piece.

Hey, who do we write to find out about getting our behind the scenes tours?

9. Marine6212

Marine6212 Active Member

I sent the reporter and email asking if she has ever sat down with a gun owner that carries and had a interview that was not a hit piece.

10. mountainpass

I don't see her as the problem here. If anything she gave us a direct quote(instead of a "he said") from the guy you should be contacting.

11. codegeek

codegeek codegeek reincarnate

I guess if they are concentrating on having "eyes on me", then they are not focused on doing their job. :shock:

All i have to say is thank God these folks are tasked with providing security.

12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

The Minneapolis-St. Paul area has the largest Somali population in the US. And it's well known as a hotbed for muslim radicalization. So they get butt-hurt over racial profiling and TSA gives them a tour of sensitive areas of the airport to assuage said butt-hurt? And even ask their opinions on how to make it "better?" Really? Hey, TSA. Here's a suggestion: Just give them the building keys.

John Kelly needs to clean house at TSA and the whole Homeland Security bureaucratic boondoggle.

13. moe mensale

2nd Amendment enthusiast? :popcorn:

Is a religious person or a reporter a 1st Amendment enthusiast?

Is a believer in due process a 4th Amendment enthusiast?

Is a believer in states' rights a 10th Amendment enthusiast?

14. Feral

Feral Active Member

“If 2A enthusiasts are at the airport and they’re exhibiting that, we will ha...

Well once we started embracing "gun nut" it started to be less derogatory.

More women are carrying now, so the antis have a hard time saying we are only carrying to compensate for our masculinity.

Now it's 2A enthusiast I suppose.

I'm particularly fond of ammosexual.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  15. moe mensale

I was going to make a comment but in retrospect someone would have been offended by it so...................... :lol:

16. Feral

Feral Active Member

People are too touchy.

Preach.

17. moe mensale

18. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

I don't understand the comment at all. Are they saying that they will be watching open carriers? Is that what they mean by 2A enthusiasts? If someone is CC'ing, there is nothing to observe. As far as I can see, this is just more nonsensical lip service intended to make ignorant people feel safe. Is the shooter at the FL airport the 2A enthusiast because he flew with a firearm? Is that who they are going to be watching? I thought I read something just yesterday that had the FBI claiming that the shoot in FL flew specifically there because the whole airport was a gun free zone.

19. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The video is out now.

Which was Esteban Santiago Aashiq Hamad doing, concealing or carrying openly? Would they have been watching him or the guy carrying openly coming to baggage claim to pick up his wife?

20. phaed

phaed Active Member

LOL :lol: