Quantcast
Can't Buy a Gun Legally, Ask a Cobb County Deputy - Georgia Packing Forum
Georgia Flag GeorgiaPacking.org

Keeping You Informed about Georgia Gun Laws

GeorgiaPacking.org Logo
Donate to GPDO!

Firearm Discussion

News, Guns, Bills, Laws, and the Georgia Firearm License

Go Back   Georgia Packing Forum > General Discussion > Georgia In the News > Georgia Crime Reports

Old 09-28-2013, 01:35 AM   #1
mountainpass
Under Scrutiny

Default Can't Buy a Gun Legally, Ask a Cobb County Deputy

Ok watch the video. This woman had been arrested before for domestic violence against the man she shot at least 10 times, but a Cobb County Deputy gave her the gun for protection and he was the first call she made after the shooting.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...g-lover/nZ9N2/

Quote:
When detectives arrived to the house, on Clifton Road in DeKalb County, Rickman's story unraveled.
Detectives said there were no signs of struggle and believe the sex was consensual.
Quote:
Neighbor Gilbert Rachel said he met a man who made a bold claim after the murder.
“He told [me] he gave her the gun. She called him [and said] that she had shot him. He said he needed to call police,” Rachel said.
According to the video that man was the Cobb County Deputy.
It really is amazing that society can trust "confidential informants" enough to SWAT a home, but not trust law abiding GWCL holders to walk across a campus.
mountainpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #2
MGD45

So.....what's the point of this thread.....? To instantly determine a Cobb Co. Deputy is somehow corrupt or responsible for her actions....?

The tone of your OP places no blame on her, & seems to imply an LEO is once again to blame..... Nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
MGD45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:42 AM   #3
CoffeeMate
(Not "Entitled")

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGD45 View Post
So.....what's the point of this thread.....?
Well, the way I read it...

1. It's a pretty standard crime / firearm related news report (which are common around here)

2. It stands in direct rebuttal to all those "universal background check" and "gun show loophole" noises we get continually thrown into our faces
CoffeeMate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
CoffeeMate
(Not "Entitled")

Quote:
The tone of your OP places no blame on her, & seems to imply an LEO is once again to blame..... Nice.
Wassa matter? Don't trust the judgement of a Cobb County Deputy?

Touchy touchy.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
gasmasher
I'm President Charley

That is absurd. Cobb CO law enforcement are anti-gun.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #6
mountainpass
Under Scrutiny

Quote:
So.....what's the point of this thread.....? To instantly determine a Cobb Co. Deputy is somehow corrupt or responsible for her actions....?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
coffeemate and gasmasher summed it up pretty well.
It really is amazing that society can trust "confidential informants" enough to SWAT a home, but not trust law abiding GWCL holders to walk across a campus.
mountainpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
A. McClure

It also further deflates the fallacy put forth by the anti's that LEO's and military are the only ones who should have guns, as if they are somehow above reproach and void of any errors in judgement. Good post MP.
Old 09-28-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
CoffeeMate
(Not "Entitled")

MGD, would you like a poll to see if anyone thinks the Deputy is responsible or at fault for the woman shooting the guy ten times, some in the back, while he was on the couch?
Old 09-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #9
A. McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeMate View Post
MGD, would you like a poll to see if anyone thinks the Deputy is responsible or at fault for the woman shooting the guy ten times, some in the back, while he was on the couch?

If the antis' argument is to remain consistent, he certainly is.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #10
CoffeeMate
(Not "Entitled")

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. McClure View Post
If the antis' argument is to remain consistent, he certainly is.
Yep. According to the anti's, the gun turned evil the moment it left the Deputy's hand. According to the anti's, the woman had no volition or ability to withstand the overwhelming will of the gun. According to the anti's, the Deputy was illegally trafficking in heavy duty weapons of personal mass destruction. According to the anti's, the Deputy was a blood-thirsty hate mongering racist trying to spread violence and death throughout the land. According to the anti's, a Form 4473 would have prevented this senseless tragedy. According to the anti's...

...but I doubt anyone here thinks so. And I certainly am not seeing anyone trying to hold the Deputy accountable for the woman's actions. There might be a problem if the Deputy knew (or "reasonably should have known") the woman was ineligble to possess before feeling concerned enough for her safety to loan / give her a weapon. But that's hardly the same thing as blaming the Deputy for what the woman subsequently did with it.

MGD, are you objecting because the the word "Deputy" was used?