GeorgiaPacking.org Logo
Donate to GPDO!

Firearm Discussion

News, Guns, Bills, Laws, and the Georgia Firearm License
Old 04-30-2010, 05:09 AM   #1
Malum Prohibitum
GP_MODERATOR.png

Default I'm Disgusted

I just got home. I am happy SB 308 passed, but I find it hard to be in too celebratory a mood, because of the disgusting spectable I witnessed. I was busy, along with GCO's professional lobbyists, John Thomas and William Woodall, all evening, putting out fires lit by -

. . . .

The NRA.

Yes, the NRA.

The NRA was actively sabotaging SB 308 all night tonight. I witnessed this firsthand. They tried to amend it with something that they believed would draw a Governor's veto. When that failed, they began telling lies about the bill to politicians and the press. I could not believe what I was seeing. I was spending hours running around correcting NRA lies about the bill.

Then Senator Steve Thompson took the well and said what everybody knew, that the Senators had "cover" to vote against the bill, in spite of GCO's letter letting them know we are tracking their vote, because "The NRA opposes this bill."

One of our more technical types should get that video on You Tube, so people can see what the NRA was doing tonight in Georgia.

Opposing repeal of a 140 year old Jim Crow law infringing on the right to bear arms.

Like I said, I was disgusted.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
mountainpass
Under Scrutiny

Default Re: I'm Disgusted

Quote:
The NRA.
Wow. I was just starting to come around. Thanks MP.
I don't mind other people being hell bent on self extinction, but they really need to stop screwing with those of us that aren't. I think we've had enough martyrs to these gun free zones.
mountainpass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:14 AM   #3
Jk30265

NRA is nothing but a hunting club without a place to hunt at, not a second amendment advancement group like GCO, you cant expect much out of them, I bet though that I get an email from them in the next few days talking about how good a job they did to get this passed.

On a side note, thanks MP for being up there getting this passed, along with everyone else, now I get to go to work sometime in the next few weeks or however long it takes and hand the guys i work with a piece of paper and say this is were people can not carry a gun, anywhere they carry a gun not on this list, leave them alone.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
Owl

From prior information, I wondered if that was what was happening. We kept seeing Sen. Seabaugh leaving over and over again. And then, the "gentlemen" had the nerve to say that GCO ( and I believe he said GCO's members) had issued a "threat" in that letter by it having the wording about keeping records on how they voted. Obviously, they are not used to anyone keeping a record of how they sell The People of Georgia up the river at times.

Those of us in the chat room were clearly in a near unanimous agreement that it was not a threat, but a promise.

I know you're frustrated, but you can only imagine how thrilled everyone was when it passed! If our typing could have been verbalized you could have heard us yippin' and hollerin' in Miami and Memphis, I'm sure!

We are so thankful and so BLESSED to have people like those involved in GCO to fight for us at the Capitol. It's OK to be frustrated. We are frustrated with you!

But, YOU DID IT. GCO DID IT. WE DID IT. WE WON.

Now, you guys at GCO keep us up to speed on how we can help make sure that the Governor knows we want this thing signed!

And hey - looks like we made a new convert to the benefits of gun rights at least! I couldn't believe it when I saw it myself, but take a look:

http://blogs.ajc.com/gold-dome-live/...#comment-20514
Old 04-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #5
rbstern

I quit the NRA two years ago because I was so fed up with this type of crap from them.

Would love to see the video so I can be more informed about exactly what was said. I'm personally going to try to get as many NRA members as possible to drop their membership based on this latest episode.

MP, thanks for all of the hard work on this lateset return of our rights.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:33 AM   #6
Mrs_Esterhouse
Swollen Member

For a letter writing campaign to let the NRA how disgusted we are with their behavior, where should we mail our letters?
  4. DNC: The Russians hacked us so ignore our corruption.
  5. "Anal sex is going mainstream with women these days" óGunsmoker
I supported GCO Foundation Inc at AmazonSmile. I shop. Amazon gives.
Mrs_Esterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
GaTechCCW

I signed up for them last February, thinking it was the right thing to do. I paid for a year membership, and they began asking me to renew less than 2 months later. That was enough to make me lose interest.

Now I find out that they are trying to fight against us, my blood is boiling. I hope they never try and ask me to join again at another gun show, I'm not sure I will keep my temper back.
GaTechCCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
Owl

This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Esterhouse
For a letter writing campaign to let the NRA how disgusted we are with their behavior, where should we mail our letters?

Esterhouse, you are ON IT.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:43 AM   #9
Mrs_Esterhouse
Swollen Member

This is a very serious issue that needs to be dealt with. It's bad enough that we have anti-gun liberal political enemies to contend with, but now sabotage from within our own ranks?! This is sickening! We need to write and call the NRA as intensely as we called our reps.

We need to see the video. Is there a video?
  4. DNC: The Russians hacked us so ignore our corruption.
  5. "Anal sex is going mainstream with women these days" óGunsmoker
I supported GCO Foundation Inc at AmazonSmile. I shop. Amazon gives.
Mrs_Esterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #10
mike316atl

All I can say is WOW.....
Proud Supporter of the 2nd Amendment and GeorgiaCarry.org
Vote Libertarian http://www.garyjohnson2012.com
mike316atl is offline   Reply With Quote