Georgia Flag GeorgiaPacking.org

Keeping You Informed about Georgia Gun Laws

GeorgiaPacking.org Logo
Donate to GPDO!

Firearm Discussion

News, Guns, Bills, Laws, and the Georgia Firearm License
Old 08-30-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
mmcc100

Default This is crazy-cool shotgun ammo!

What do you think a homeinvader would do with this....

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/prod ... ialty-ammo

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/prod ... ialty-ammo
Old 08-30-2008, 01:41 AM   #2
pmarley1

i think w the flame thrower ammo the fire department will be at your house lol but looks fun to shoot
Old 08-30-2008, 01:45 AM   #3
gunsmoker
Lawyer and Gun Activist
GP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Default flechette

Fallinghunter or whatever that German name is, and I, tested some Flechette 12-gauge rounds. We fired them at wood, cardboard, a stack of telephone books, and some soft body armor.
The results were not very impressive.
The little darts did NOT stabilize, and some hit the target sideways.
The spread of the group was extreme. At 50 feet you could expect one single dart to hit a bad guy in the chest. Maybe another dart might hit one arm or one leg somewhere.
They didn't penetrate worth a damn.
Even a standard-velocity .22LR round was way harder-hitting and deeper penetrating.
See this thread:
http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/...ight=flechette
Attorney, but not YOUR attorney. Nothing I say here or in PM's is legal advice. Most of it is not the product of careful legal research and analysis anyway. There is no attorney-client relationship from the chatting and Q&A that I do here. Proud GeorgiaCarry.Org member since 2007.
gunsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 AM   #4
Fallschirmjäger
Vigilate Vigilum

What he ^ said. That was The Most Disappointing Ammunition I have EVER used. If I had a choice of someone shooting at me with 12 guage flechettes at 20 yards and another with .22 shorts in a rifle, I'd run from the guy with the .22

Anyone who objects is leveling the deadliest insult possible, "I won't trust you until you render yourself defenseless."
Fallschirmjäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
mmcc100

I wondered about that, but what about at 10 yards? Not much beats some buckshot, but I thought it was interesting.
When I was a kid, a friend of mine shot his big brother with an emptied out shell filled with a wad of wet toilet paper. It scared the crap out of me and left the biggest welt on his brothers leg. Don't ask me how it worked, but I saw it happen.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #6
commodore_dude

Send a message via AIM to commodore_dude

I'm not gonna lie... when I get a shotgun one of the first things I'm going to do is get one of those flamethrower-type rounds and go find some really wet land to shoot it on at night
Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 AM   #7
Fallschirmjäger
Vigilate Vigilum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcc100
I wondered about that, but what about at 10 yards? Not much beats some buckshot, but I thought it was interesting.
When I was a kid, a friend of mine shot his big brother with an emptied out shell filled with a wad of wet toilet paper. It scared the crap out of me and left the biggest welt on his brothers leg. Don't ask me how it worked, but I saw it happen.
we did the testing at 15 and 7 yards, if I remember correctly. At seven yards birdshot would probably have been just as effective . The trouble is that with the flechettes as loaded in a 12 gauge, that the individual flechettes are far too light to retain much energy and the total payload isn't very impressive. If someone were to design efficient flechettes, I think they'd have to each be about 1/4 of the bore and shaped like elongaged footballs with tails streaming behind them.

One round that I'd like to see be designed is a combination "slug+shot". What I envision is a slug that has been deeply scored until it resemble one pie stacked atop another with each pie scored into 4 wedge-shaped slices. It would stay together during the flight, but hitting any resistance would break apart the scoring and send the sharp wedges flying.

Anyone who objects is leveling the deadliest insult possible, "I won't trust you until you render yourself defenseless."
Fallschirmjäger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:30 AM   #8
gunsmoker
Lawyer and Gun Activist
GP_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

[quote="Fallschirmjäger:
[i]One round that I'd like to see be designed is a combination "slug+shot". What I envision is a slug that has been deeply scored until it resemble one pie stacked atop another with each pie scored into 4 wedge-shaped slices. It would stay together during the flight, but hitting any resistance would break apart the scoring and send the sharp wedges flying[/i].[ / quote]

Flying lead pies? Wedges that take their own unpredictable wound paths upon entry?
Evil! Postitively wicked and depraved, I tell you.
But I like it.
Attorney, but not YOUR attorney. Nothing I say here or in PM's is legal advice. Most of it is not the product of careful legal research and analysis anyway. There is no attorney-client relationship from the chatting and Q&A that I do here. Proud GeorgiaCarry.Org member since 2007.
gunsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:36 AM   #9
moonchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger
One round that I'd like to see be designed is a combination "slug+shot". What I envision is a slug that has been deeply scored until it resemble one pie stacked atop another with each pie scored into 4 wedge-shaped slices. It would stay together during the flight, but hitting any resistance would break apart the scoring and send the sharp wedges flying.
How about this one?

Those guys DO NOT f*** around, and they deserve the props they get.
moonchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 11:06 PM   #10
budder
GP_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger
I've seen this product before, but can't find it again. On the bright side, you can buy some as soon as you figure out who makes them.