Weapons Related Georgia CodeFound In LexisNexis by searching for "16-11-171" or in the TOC under:|
Title 16 - CRIMES AND OFFENSES
Chapter 11 - OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ORDER AND SAFETY
Article 4 - DANGEROUS INSTRUMENTALITIES AND PRACTICES
Part 5 - BRADY LAW REGULATIONS
The code sections are all Copyright © by The State of Georgia
O.C.G.A. § 16-11-171
As used in this part, the term:
(1) "Center" means the Georgia Crime Information Center within the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
(2) "Dealer" means any person licensed as a dealer pursuant to 18 U.S.C. Section 921, et seq.
(3) "Firearm" means any weapon that is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any firearm muffler or firearm silencer, or any destructive device as defined in 18 U.S.C. Section 921(a)(3).
(4) "Involuntarily hospitalized" means hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental health facility pursuant to Code Section 37-3-81 or hospitalized as an inpatient in any mental health facility as a result of being adjudicated mentally incompetent to stand trial or being adjudicated not guilty by reason of insanity at the time of the crime pursuant to Part 2 of Article 6 of Title 17.
(5) "NICS" means the National Instant Criminal Background Check System created by the federal "Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act" (P. L. No. 103-159).
HISTORY: Code 1981, § 16-11-171, enacted by Ga. L. 1995, p. 139, § 2; Ga. L. 2005, p. 613, § 1/SB 175; Ga. L. 2015, p. 5, § 16/HB 90; Ga. L. 2015, p. 805, § 8/HB 492.