Weapons Related Georgia CodeFound In LexisNexis by searching for "1-2-6" or in the TOC under:|
Title 1 - GENERAL PROVISIONS
Chapter 2 - PERSONS AND THEIR RIGHTS
The code sections are all Copyright ฉ 2012 by The State of Georgia
O.C.G.A. ง 1-2-6
Rights of citizens generally
(a) The rights of citizens include, without limitation, the following:
(1) The right of personal security;
(2) The right of personal liberty;
(3) The right of private property and the disposition
(4) The right of the elective franchise;
(5) The right to hold office, unless disqualified by the
Constitution and laws of this state;
(6) The right to appeal to the courts;
(7) The right to testify as a witness;
(8) The right to perform any civil function; and
(9) The right to keep and bear arms.
(b) All citizens are entitled to exercise all their rights as citizens,
unless specially prohibited by law.
HISTORY: Orig. Code 1863, ยงยง 1585, 1586; Code 1868, ยงยง 1648, 1649; Code 1873, ยงยง 1654, 1655; Code 1882, ยงยง 1654, 1655; Civil Code 1895, ยงยง 1808, 1809; Civil Code 1910, ยงยง 2165, 2166; Code 1933, ยงยง 79-205, 79-206.